shape
carat
color
clarity

Experimental Idealscope Images, More Fire vs. More Brilliance (Garry, Richard, Serg, Rhino)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Cut Nuts,

I was thinking about the combinations in which stones are well balanced in fire, brilliance, and scintillation.

Garry: I was thinking about your charts for HCA, plotting in comparison to crown/Pavillion angles.

Have you guys come up with crown/pavillion angles which produce more fire & more scinillation in certain diamonds based on non-traditional sarin data which falls outside AGS 0. I know there are certain combos of stones which do well on HCA, but fall out of the AGS 0 Category.

For instance I know when the balance is thrown off one of the other attributes of (fire, brilliance, scintillation) might suffer.

If someone asked you I want a stone that displays brilliance as a most dominant feature, have you ever done DiamonCalc sim's to come up with possible performers...

If a client asked what cut would give me the most firey diamond, what would be good parameters to look for by sarin data...

Wheels were turning upstairs, just wondered if you ever had clients looking for one dominant feature over the other....
appl.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
look at the MSU Qchart or the HCA charts and the upper left has the best light return, the lower right has potential for more fire.

HCA can help.
take a 30 crown and 58% table and change the pavilion till you get the best result = more light return.
Then use a 37 crown and 54% table and change the pavilion till you get the best score = more fire and scintillation.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow a 37 crown!!
eek.gif

Played around a bit. Seems its easier to find FIC's with low HCA than BIC's...

Depth: 60

Table: 54

Crown A: 37

Pav A: 40

Results: 0.5 FIC EX EX EX EX

OR

Depth: 56.5

Table: 58

Crown A: 30.5

Pav A: 41

Results: 1.2 BIC VG EX EX EX

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gary,

I remember in a past thread you mentioning a certain combo of angles that would produce a permanent black star. Do you recall what that combo was?

Rhino

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is a 28.3 crown and 40.75 pavilion.

Add roughly 5 degrees to the crown for every 1 you subtract from the pavilion and you will hold this paralel in and out ray path for the main facets.

You will see your own bow tie head effect in the main facets from 50 meters away (with a telescope)

Star.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for that mate! And quick too!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results