shape
carat
color
clarity

Experiences with vendors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennid

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am new, and am considering the following vendors: Whiteflash, Pearlman''s and GOG. Are they all equally good?

Thanks

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe they are. I''ve personally bought from WF and GOG, and have heard nothing but good things about Pearlman''s!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have bought from all 3, have nothing but good things to say about them.
1.gif

rockbie

Rough_Rock
I bought my diamond from engagementringsdirect.com just a couple weeks ago and very pleased with them.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I have purchased from GOG & WF, and will recommend them highly.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have purchased from WF and pearlmans and both were wonderful. I would purchase from GOG in a heartbeat.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Good Old Gold and would certainly buy from Pearlman''s or WF given the opportunity. Those are certainly among the top vendors here in popularity.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t purchased from any of the vendors, but based on what I have heard I would be most comfortable with WF or GOG, but I wouldn''t *not* purchase from Pearlmans - I have browsed their loose diamond selection in the past, and a lot of their diamonds were not ideal, but I get the impression that they are very easy to work with, so if you used your cut chart to select you could likely do well. I don''t know if they would give IS images but it wouldn''t hurt to ask. That said, I would be comfortable purchasing from any of the listed vendors!

tuanle55

Rough_Rock
I definitely recommend WhiteFlash based on my experience so far. Great selections and very fast responses.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 7:54:13 PM
Author: :)
I haven''t purchased from any of the vendors, but based on what I have heard I would be most comfortable with WF or GOG, but I wouldn''t *not* purchase from Pearlmans - I have browsed their loose diamond selection in the past, and a lot of their diamonds were not ideal, but I get the impression that they are very easy to work with, so if you used your cut chart to select you could likely do well. I don''t know if they would give IS images but it wouldn''t hurt to ask. That said, I would be comfortable purchasing from any of the listed vendors!

pearlmans has just recently started listing diamonds on their website. It isn''t all of their inventory by any means. They sell 8*''s and none of those stones are up there. Bill is old school and chooses his inventory based on his eyes and then uses reports. his eyes picked my AGS000 so I trust him completely. For those who need and like all the idealscope images and other info that GOG and WF provide they would definitely be a better match, but pearlmans can get you diamonds that are just as good and is very competitive in his pricing.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Actually, based on a quick quick look, color (black, girls), and design wise...WF is looking a lot like Pealrmans. Somehow, Pearlmans is sharper, more readable, too.

I do value WF & GoG coming on these boards. Bill used to, too, but I at least haven''t seen his posts recently.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade

We only sell ideal cut diamonds at 2.0ct and under. Over 2.01ct on our site we sell a variety of cut grades AGS000, GIA, 8*. Because there are some pretty difficult to find sizes on the site and we cater to a varied market we need different cut grades for different consumers taste. In the finished jewelry we also use top cut grades. Hope that answers the question.

And I''m around Ira :)

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
You will read wonderful things about all three on the forum. I''ve purchased from GOG, and I HIGHLY recommend them!
They found my little ''Retina Burner'' and I couldn''t be happier:)

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
I have a semi-related question:

Is it possible/easy to buy the stone from one of the vendors (e.g., GOG) and then have it sent to another vendor for the setting? People mostly seem to do everything through the same vendor, but in my early research it seems my favorite settings are not at the same place as my favorite loose stones.

Thanks everyone!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 6:40:31 PM
Author: bosoxbw
I have a semi-related question:

Is it possible/easy to buy the stone from one of the vendors (e.g., GOG) and then have it sent to another vendor for the setting? People mostly seem to do everything through the same vendor, but in my early research it seems my favorite settings are not at the same place as my favorite loose stones.

Thanks everyone!

yes bosoxbw, there have been a few occasions where PS vendors have teamed up to complete a project. I know GOG has worked with James allen for a setting(recent thread today) and Pearlmans. Winfields has worked with WF and i''m sure there are countless others. You''ll just want to make sure someone is taking responsibility for the stone. sometimes it''s easier to buy the setting and have the vendor you are purchasing the stone from set it.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 4:26:48 PM
Author: mepearl53

I haven't purchased from any of the vendors, but based on what I have heard I would be most comfortable with WF or GOG, but I wouldn't *not* purchase from Pearlmans - I have browsed their loose diamond selection in the past, and a lot of their diamonds were not ideal, but I get the impression that they are very easy to work with, so if you used your cut chart to select you could likely do well. I don't know if they would give IS images but it wouldn't hurt to ask. That said, I would be comfortable purchasing from any of the listed vendors!

We only sell ideal cut diamonds at 2.0ct and under. Over 2.01ct on our site we sell a variety of cut grades AGS000, GIA, 8*. Because there are some pretty difficult to find sizes on the site and we cater to a varied market we need different cut grades for different consumers taste. In the finished jewelry we also use top cut grades. Hope that answers the question.

And I'm around Ira :)
Thanks - actually that does help, and I should have been clearer what I meant when I posted, and I did not mean to be rude in my post (as I re-read it I realized it sounds sort of snobby as I start off, which I did not mean) - when I said not ideal, I should have said not my ideal - the table sizes were larger than I wanted, but from your post I realize that I was looking at 3 carat stones, so this explains it (your comment that most of your ideal stones are mostly under 2 ct and you cater to a wide market, which I can appreciate) - I did not look at the smaller stones at that time - Again, as I said I would just be clear on what I wanted, and I certainly would be comfortable doing business at Pearlmans based on everything I have read over the months.

I do like your website! I have actually browsed for settings and periodically I check out your consignment and 'great deal' sections (heh heh - never know what kind of treasures you might find when just taking a look around!). And I just looked again at your website - you have some enormous stones listed on there - you really do cater to a wide market!

It is also good to know that you do use top cut grade stones in your finished jewelry.

My apologies if I came across offensively - my intention was to state that the stones actually listed were not my ideal (but we have realized I was not browsing the range that most people look in for ideally cut stones), but also that I wouldn't hesitate to do business with any of GOG or WF or Pearlmans as long as I communicated what I wanted - my comments were supposed to encourage PSers to use the cut charts to make good purchases! (the original poster was a first time poster so I wanted to make sure he/she read the tutorials well!)

Lisa

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/20/2006 7:25:07 PM
Date: 12/20/2006 4:26:48 PM

Author: mepearl53

And I''m around Ira :)

Thanks - actually that does help, and I should have been clearer what I meant when I posted, and I did not mean to be rude in my post (as I re-read it I realized it sounds sort of snobby as I start off, which I did not mean) - when I said not ideal, I should have said not my ideal - the table sizes were larger than I wanted, but from your post I realize that I was looking at 3 carat stones, so this explains it (your comment that most of your ideal stones are mostly under 2 ct and you cater to a wide market, which I can appreciate) - I did not look at the smaller stones at that time - Again, as I said I would just be clear on what I wanted, and I certainly would be comfortable doing business at Pearlmans based on everything I have read over the months.

I do like your website! I have actually browsed for settings and periodically I check out your consignment and ''great deal'' sections (heh heh - never know what kind of treasures you might find when just taking a look around!). And I just looked again at your website - you have some enormous stones listed on there - you really do cater to a wide market!

It is also good to know that you do use top cut grade stones in your finished jewelry.

My apologies if I came across offensively - my intention was to state that the stones actually listed were not my ideal (but we have realized I was not browsing the range that most people look in for ideally cut stones), but also that I wouldn''t hesitate to do business with any of GOG or WF or Pearlmans as long as I communicated what I wanted - my comments were supposed to encourage PSers to use the cut charts to make good purchases! (the original poster was a first time poster so I wanted to make sure he/she read the tutorials well!)

Lisa

No offense taken Lisa. Running a B&M and online business takes a lot of work so getting everything in one place takes time. Have a good holiday!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do business with any of those companies. A lot of why I choose to buy where I do is what vendors have at the time that I want. For example, I bought my radiant at JA, because he had a radiant I wanted, but this doesn''t mean I wouldn''t have purchased from WF or GOG, etc.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
bosoxbw, I had my mom''s stone, that she bought from GOG, sent to Pearlman''s for the setting. No problems. She should have it on her finger in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results