shape
carat
color
clarity

Experienced eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlingHunter

Rough_Rock
Hey folks...

I''m hoping some people with more diamond experience can help shed some light on this rock. ( http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2699 )

At first glance it looks pretty good, but a couple questions I''ve got are:

a) Is this little bit of Fluorescence going to negatively affect the E colouring?
b) I''ve heard that the quality of the cut is for more important than proportion of the diamond. Any tips and tricks for determining a quality cut from the stats on the page?

Any opinion is helpful... I thank you in advance.

Shape: Asscher
Carat Weight: 1.02ct
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint
Girdle: 3.29%
Width: 5.27mm
Length: 5.46mm
Depth: 3.86mm
Table Percentage: 62.26%
Depth Percentage: 73.20%
Crown Depth: 13.90%
Pavilion Depth: 55.49%
Price: $5,868.95

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wouldn't pick that one.

faint fluor is fine.

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
I am not an expert by any means, but I was advised multiple times in my purchasing experience that when you are paying a premium for such a colorless diamond (D,E,F), flourescence should be avoided as much as possible, when you get into higher color grade diamonds the flourescense compliments the stone more. Apparently this is reflecting in per/ct pricing.

My two cents.

9.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi BlingHunter and WELCOME to Pricescope!
35.gif

Storm is probably the best one to chime in about this stone. In the meantime, my guess would be that it''s a little deep. The length to width is about 1.04. You may want to contact GOG and speak to someone about the stone.

What do YOU think of the photo and the other images posted? To me it looks better if it were rotated 90 degrees, maybe because of the L/W.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results