shape
carat
color
clarity

Experience with ajsgems?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
Yesterday I wrote a post about how I''d like to purchase an amethyst to have made into a RHR. I found what look to be some gorgeous stones on ajsgems.com, which I found on the thread listing the possible websites that sell colored gems.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they reputable? I noticed they are located in Thailand. Does this present any problems? Do you find that they advertise their stones accurately on their website?

Thanks so much!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve recently bought two stones from them (but have also bought in the past). Of the recent purchases, one was a closeout and a "too good to be true" deal. It went back because it didn''t blow me away. Sending it back was easy BUT I''m in the UK and I believe sending/receiving gemstones to Thailand is easier from here than the US. I''m sure some of the US based posters can help.

The other gemstone, a kite shaped Rubellite, is awesome. I love it! It''s actually better than I expected and is truly sensational.

Their customer service is excellent and they''ll answer any questions you have. What they won''t do is send more photos. That''s a bit disappointing. On the whole though, my experience with AJS has been more than satisfactory.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Actually, I found AJS very accommodating with photographs in my case. They took a side view picture and pavilion picture as requested. I find that AJS’ inventory ranges from poor to very good, as fitting with their asking prices. I am a very cautious buyer so I asked a lot of questions and did not rely on just photographs. I’ve heard that their pictures tend to show better colour than the real stone, however, my experience was good and the stone was as represented. I have not returned anything because I was pleased with my purchase but I did inquire about the process. For those in the US, AJS has an office in California, so you don’t have to mess around with international shipping.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s interesting Chrono. Thanks for the info. All of my gems bought from AJS have been pretty much as per the photo apart from the Tsav just recently. The window wasn''t evident and I had asked tons of questions beforehand so was disappointed when that turned up. My most recent purchase has been exactly like the photo so I can''t complain!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, any idea where in California?

mz

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ,
I went through my old emails and I seem to have deleted that particular piece of information. I''m sorry.
39.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no problem. thanks for checking!

mz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results