shape
carat
color
clarity

Experiances with the Diamond Exchange in Orange Co?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

my_precious

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I was interested in knowing if anyone has had any experiences buying diamonds and/or rings at the diamond exchange in Orange County California. Website is below. They advertise that they have wholesale prices. Has anyone bought anything there or shpped there? Does anyone have any comments regarding both the prices and quality that they have? Initially I went there and was turned off by the setting and the pushy-ness of the staff but I am ready to go back if the price is right. Any advice or comments are appreciated?

http://store.diamondexchange.org/index.html

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I've been to the Jewelry Exchange in Tustin, not the same company as the Diamond Exchange, but I can imagine the same "meat market" mentality.

Here is my advice:

1) Educate yourself so you know what you are looking for and what you want. Don't depend on anyone there to have your best interest in mind.

2) Deal with a manager only, no salespeople on commission. Salespeople can only show you one diamond at a time. Managers have the clout to show you 3 or 4 at a time.

3) Buy loose unmounted diamonds.

4) Look at AGS, GIA and EGL-USA diamonds only, (No uncerted diamonds).

5) If you are looking for a round, take down the specs off the cert and do a HCA (holloway cut advisor) analysis before you buy. If it is meant to be, it will be waiting for you when you come back.

6) Ask to go into a back room or private area (don't stand at the counter) where you can view more than one diamond at a time (for comparisons) and have them look through the vault, not the showcases.

7) Find out what the exchange/return policies are. Make sure you have a window of time in which to have the diamond appraised and return it if you are not satified.

Bottom line, if you aren't confident in your diamond knowledge and ability to fend off a den of hungry salespeople, don't go. If you are up for the challenge, there are probably some good deals out there.

Remember, no one is going to GIVE AWAY a diamond (read, if it's too good to be true, IT IS!).

You need to know what a fair price is and know what a good deal is. Cheaper is not better. A good VALUE for your money should be your goal.

Good luck and welcome to PS!

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results