shape
carat
color
clarity

Expectations vs reality - ever had a mental expectation from a jewelry piece not work out in reality?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for your suggestion. Having spoken to a jeweller the pearls are not salvageable as damage could occur when trying to remove them from the setting. I think I’d like to repurpose, but I’m not sure what to make AFAE8011-8866-4036-BE82-756B451E9DCE.jpeg
One day I’ll start a thread. . .

I love how they look in the box! Sorry you can't enjoy wearing them.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really really wanted a Cartier rolling ring so I got a cheap amazon copy to try and I hated it on me.

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
I had an Etsy silversmith make a pendant for a spinel I bought. It was based on a drawing I gave her, which she said she could do, but when she showed me the piece after it was made (before setting the stone), one of the design elements was different from the drawing. When I asked about it, she said it wasn't structurally feasible (even though she had okayed the drawing before making it). I regret that I gave her the go-ahead to set the stone, because at the end of the day, though the piece looks nice, it's not the pendant I designed. And, though she may have been right that is wasn't feasible, the design element I omitted changed the feel of the final result. I may have been happier with another design, instead.

Also, the bezel setting looks lovely, but I regret bezeling that particular spinel. I think some sort of prong setting would have been more flattering for the stone, but I didn't anticipate that and it was a learning moment.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I wanted classic dormeuse earrings, so I got these. I was so underwhelmed when I wore them! They got lost in my hair and just didn’t stand out. Also, one of the diamonds looked like frozen spit. Thank goodness I was able to return them.

0EC91AF5-3D02-4D56-A2CA-A30C9E03BBB4.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought I wanted classic dormeuse earrings, so I got these. I was so underwhelmed when I wore them! They got lost in my hair and just didn’t stand out. Also, one of the diamonds looked like frozen spit. Thank goodness I was able to return them.

0EC91AF5-3D02-4D56-A2CA-A30C9E03BBB4.jpeg

That’s a shame, they look so sweet in the picture. I have meaty ear lobes and a ton of hair, so also need to be careful when it comes to earring purchases

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results