shape
carat
color
clarity

expandble ring

vickyw

Rough_Rock
I have large knuckles and skinny fingers. I had a fingermate system put into my wedding band but it keeps opening all the time. I am afraid to wear it. Can anyone recommend another kind of enpandabe ring? Thanks!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'm not aware of expandables but sizing beads may work. The jeweler puts a couple "beads" on the interior of the ring without decreasing the overall size. Makes it a little tighter but you can still "wiggle" the knuckles through.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vickyw

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your idea. I will check that site out.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
I saw a clever contraption once that I can't seem to find (so I have illustrated it below). Maybe someone will know what I'm talking about? It's a swiveling curved piece and you put the ring on first so that it goes over your knuckle and then slide the curvy piece into place.

Attachments

• ring_contraption.bmp
    249.4 KB · Views: 824

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
You can get a hinged band that does not need to go over your knuckle, so it can be sized just to fit your finger.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
phoenixgirl|1312485705|2984228 said:
You can get a hinged band that does not need to go over your knuckle, so it can be sized just to fit your finger.

Yep, this - I wish I could remember the name of it! But if you do a search for "arthritis" and "knuckles" and "ring," you should get a few examples on the board: I know more than one of our members has one.

vickyw

Rough_Rock
I just found a jeweler online that makes a hinged expandable ring. It looks like it would be more secure than the system that I had. His name is Allan Creates. He calles it ringlock. www.ringlock.com has anybody heard of him? Or tried the ringlock system?

vz1610

Rough_Rock
My wife has a large knuckle on her ring finger and we have tried every device there is out there to have her engagement ring fit comfortably and securely. Previously she had the Superfit band with assurances from the jeweler that it would be the last device we would have to purchase. After three months the clasp started to open up unintentionally open. We brought the ring back to the jeweler and they would repair it and it would always open up on its own after a period of time.

My wife called me from work one day because her ring was missing. We searched the house and other places where she had been and finally placed an insurance claim. We quickly learned from the insurance company that we weren't covered for losing the ring, only for theft!

I searched the internet for a better solution and found the Ring Lock by Allan Creates. He was great to work with and even sent us bands with his system so we could make sure we liked the product and got my wife sized properly.

It's been well over a year and there have been zero issues with the Ring Lock. With what we have been through in the past with all the various gimmicks I can say that we believe the Ring Lock is a quality product. The jeweler that we bought the stone and setting from was very impressed (her words not mine) with the mechanism and the quality of Allan's work fitting the mechanism to the setting.

I don't think you can go wrong with Ring Lock or Allan.

vickyw

Rough_Rock
That is so great to hear. I am very interested in his product based on what I have seen on his website. I see that he is in Canada. Do you live there? I am in PA. Just wondering how that all works out.

vz1610

Rough_Rock
I live in Texas, my jeweler is located in New York and we had zero issues dealing with Allan in Canada.

vickyw

Rough_Rock
Great!! I'm glad to hear it. I'm going to send my wedding band off to him to have the ringlock system put in.
Thank You!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
vickyw|1313977270|2996175 said:
Great!! I'm glad to hear it. I'm going to send my wedding band off to him to have the ringlock system put in.
Thank You!
Post photos when you get it...I'm very curious!

vickyw

Rough_Rock
I just got my ring back from Allan Creates with the ring lock system. I love it. I was a little nervous sending my wedding ring and a check in the mail to a person I found online but every thing worked out great. He sent me measuring bands with the ring lock system in them, so I could get the perfect fit and see how it works. When I sent him my ring, He emailed me as soon as he received it and even sent me pictures of the ring in process. Then he me pictures of the ring completed before sending it back. It all went smoothly. I will definitely be sending my engagement ring to have the ring lock put in that as well. It is so nice to be able to wear my wedding band everyday with out worrying about loosing it. I will try to post pictures of the ring. IMG_2672_1.jpg IMG_2667_1.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Fascinating! Great idea!

vickyw

Rough_Rock
Re: expandble ring/ringlock

Here are some pictures of my ring with the fingermate removed and the ringlock going on. I think Allan did a beautiful job and would highly reccommend him to anyone who has this problem.

sm Ringlock 4s.jpg

sm Ringlock 6s.jpg

sm Ringlock 7s.jpg

sm Ringlock 2s.jpg

vickyw

Rough_Rock
Re: ring lock

I just had a ringlock put in my engagement ring by Allan Creates. I could not be happier with the result! My knuckles are easily 3 ring sizes larger than my actual fingers. I have been very nervous to wear my ring for fear that it would fall off. I had some spring gold put in to try to fix that problem, but then I was unable to get the ring on without really squeezing it over my finger. It was so uncomfortable that I hardly ever wore it. With the ring lock, the ring is hinged and opens up completely to fit over my knuckle then closes to fit snugly on my finger. Now I can wear my ring every day. I highly recommend it to anyone that has the same problem.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you were able to find a way to wear and enjoy your rings vicky!!! :appl: The hinged ring looks great, it's beautifully done. Thank you for sharing this, it could very well help some fellow PS'ers!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It's the strangest thing, two "old" threads revived in as many days. This and the pawnshop thread. Or maybe I've had too much wine...

cheers--Sharon

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:
HI:

It's the strangest thing, two "old" threads revived in as many days. This and the pawnshop thread. Or maybe I've had too much wine...

cheers--Sharon

The OP came back and updated her own thread. Didn't think that was an issue?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1355883198|3335217 said:
canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I didn't either Fortekitty :confused:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1355883198|3335217 said:
canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

HI:

FK, thanks for pointing that out: no issues. One was for the wedding band and the other for the ER.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results