shape
carat
color
clarity

Excitement about this forum turns tragic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I have a deep love for colored gems which led me to this fab forum! In my zeal to sign up and share I had a brilliant idea to test my camera with my favorite kunzite. Unfortunately for my kunzite, I clearly should not be allowed to handle my gems over a wood floor. I dropped the little pink beauty and chipped a corner.

I am relieved, however, that it was only a chip. That poor little guy could have been shattered into a million pieces!

Welcome to PS, right?
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coloured gem lovers are always welcome, with or without pictures.
1.gif
Thankfully, your kunzite only received a minor "injury".

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Aww, so sorry to hear about your kunzite - what a sucky thing to happen! You said you were trying to photograph your "favorite kunzite" - does this mean you have more? We''d always love to see pics of anything, so bring ''em on!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahhh shoot... So sorry that happened
7.gif
but welcome...
35.gif

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Here is the lone (terrible) picture I was able to take before the "incident" occurred. Now I think I''m too paranoid to take any of the others out of their boxes
6.gif

kunzite.JPG

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so sorry. That is a beautiful gem you have, hopefully the chip is not too bad and something can be done with it still? What other kind of gems do you have?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS! I''m very sorry about your stone accident!
35.gif

I did the same thing last night, but it fell on the carpet....
23.gif

Lori

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m sorry. But welcome to PS!

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Bummer! Welcome to PS though.
35.gif

I haven''t admitted it before but I dropped my sapphire on the PAVEMENT more than once and I put a little nick in one of the pavillion facets near the culet...lucky for me that the stone is dark enough that it''s not reflected anywhere.....it seriously bugs me though....seriously!!
7.gif

Live and learn, right?
1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to chase a pink diamond down my drive when a gust of wind caught it and sent it spinning into the air! Luckily, it didn''t damage but I never photograph gemstones outside now! The nearest they get is the window sill!

Sorry to hear about your Kunzite but welcome to the forum and let''s see many more photos of your collection (perhaps photographed on a towel on the floor)
2.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
welcome! I lost a yellow stone on a blue carpet
19.gif
I never did find it.

please post more pics, that stone is nice!

-A

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your little accident
39.gif
But please know you are (unfortunately) in good company and many of us have dinged up out stones.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh goodness I hate that you chipped the stone out of share excitement but I am glad it is not shattered. It looks lovely and welcome to PS!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear you chipped your lovely stone. At least you didn''t loose it. Welcome to PS!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Kunzite, and my sympathies regarding your gemstone... seems like this crash victim may be your "signature" stone? So sorry. Needless to say, so many of us have done it... gosh, it even sounds like we should start a Chipped Stone Club, or, perhaps, Gem Offenders Anonynous?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!!
35.gif
35.gif
I''m so sorry about your stone...
39.gif

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy I''m not the only one... although it makes me sad to think that there are so many chipped stones out there
6.gif
I''m hoping to have it set in a pendant so a prong will probably cover up the chip.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results