shape
carat
color
clarity

Excited but nervous. Would love an opinion

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

so excited about my 38th bday present! Just wanted to share my excitement, my first ever fancy yellow pendant. I’ve been trying to get into yellow gold lately and came across this Diamonds By Lauren pendant with a slightly vintage feel (totally my style). I’ve never had a fancy yellow diamond, let alone seen one before but the price was right and it’s my birthday next week - figured I couldn’t go wrong. I’m sure now, I’ll want to upgrade or start collecting fancy yellows LOL.

Anyway, even though the description doesn’t say natural fancy yellow, does that mean it’s not a real diamond? I think I got a little trigger happy here. What do you all think?

7F6BD020-E5C7-44D2-80FF-345B8C872250.jpeg

thanks pricescopers !

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Ask them directly and they’ll tell you the truth, whatever it is.

I have to admit. I feel so stupid. I already asked, but unfortunately after I purchased. I think (I hope) I can return if I’m not satisfied but I feel like such an idiot.

Well it’s a gorgeous pendant, I love it!

I echo the suggestion to ask what the stone is in the centre :)

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I think you have to understand the diamond alphabet. Sometimes diamonds on the lower end for e.g. ST, UV, XYZ all appear yellow but don't have the fancy yellow rating. It just means you get a diamond that looks yellow without paying the yellow premium :)

If you are unsure definitely ask David. DBL are reputable and would answer honestly. Happy birthday and so happy that you were able to celebrate it with bling!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, if you are unsure, just ask! David will answer honestly. Their lab-grown and treated material is very clearly marked on their site in my experience. It is a beautiful pendant!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would say if it’s a lab diamond. He sells plenty of colored diamonds. In any event, I am sure he has a return policy for in stock items. Custom is normally not returnable.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous, I love it!!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
My feeling is that it's a lower alphabet 'cape' stone (S-Z). It's a real diamond but not fancy yellow. The halos may be fancy yellows. I'd certainly ask to confirm.

IMHO, I think the lower colours are an awesome alternative that's affordable, when set in yellow gold, it looks pretty yellow but leans on brown rather than that canary yellow that makes fancy yellows so expensive. You just need to ask yourself if you love it. It's a stunning piece. If your heart is set on a fancy yellow then the same budget may only get you a smaller stone.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would just ask them. I saw this on IG, it’s lovely! It says in the description that it’s “fancy yellow” so I would believe that, it just doesn’t have a GIA cert saying it is (likely because it’s a small stone and wouldn’t automatically be sent for certification). DBL also has a separate section for lab stones and jewellery so I’m sure it’s natural.

Happy Birthday!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi all!!
First of all... Happy Birthday @Frumasring!!
My apologies for any confusion. It is indeed a natural, earth mined yellow diamond.
Without a doubt, the new world of both lab grown and earth mined diamonds require very careful wording in descriptions.
And regardless, we are committed to our clients satisfaction so there’s a money back guarantee ( sometimes even on custom orders)
I can’t wait for you to see this piece!!! (I love it too)

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!!
My apologies for any confusion. It is indeed a natural, earth mined yellow diamond.
Without a doubt, the new world of both lab grown and earth mined diamonds require very careful wording in descriptions.
And regardless, we are committed to our clients satisfaction so there’s a money back guarantee ( sometimes even on custom orders)

David! Thanks so much for your reply (and the one directly to me at 330AM!!!). Everyone was right, your customer service is fantastic!! I can’t wait to see pendant, celebrate the birthday and post pictures.
and, thank you to all of you who have written back to me with birthday wishes, support, and technical info. I love this community!

Hi all!!

Hi David, I went and took a look at your site, wondering if it would be a good idea if you either create a tagging system or just a separate entry in that column on the left on each page where the ct wt colour etc is mentioned which can be something like “type: Earth mined / man made diamond”? So there’s no possible confusion! It might be there for some entries but I don’t believe it’s there for all.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and I spent a few hours there last December (December 2020 pre pandemic) and David’s settings are TDF— very well made. I really enjoyed his quality.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and I spent a few hours there last December (December 2020 pre pandemic) and David’s settings are TDF— very well made. I really enjoyed his quality.

I agree - I visited DBL once and boy my wishlist grew a lot longer as a result! Y'all probably know I'm not really a diamond person but I guess I can be if it's a fancy color diamond :lol:.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - I visited DBL once and boy my wishlist grew a lot longer as a result! Y'all probably know I'm not really a diamond person but I guess I can be if it's a fancy color diamond :lol:.

Seriously!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy B-Day!!

Its so pretty!! Golden goodness!!
Neck shot please!!

OECfan

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your birthday present! I was eyeing this pendant because it’s so beautiful but I already have another oval set in halo from DH and the pandemic hasn’t really allowed me to enjoy my jewelry especially necklaces...

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your birthday present! I was eyeing this pendant because it’s so beautiful but I already have another oval set in halo from DH and the pandemic hasn’t really allowed me to enjoy my jewelry especially necklaces...

Would love to see a picture of your oval!! I plan to wear this everyday, even when WFH in pajamas

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's just beautiful. The richness of the yellow gold perfectly complements the stone. Happy birthday!

OECfan

Rough_Rock
Would love to see a picture of your oval!! I plan to wear this everyday, even when WFH in pajamas
Haha- this is mine. I absolutely hate wearing necklaces under high necklines and all of my comfy WFH clothing do this so no necklaces unless I’m wearing regular going-out/work clothes.

image.jpg

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Haha- this is mine. I absolutely hate wearing necklaces under high necklines and all of my comfy WFH clothing do this so no necklaces unless I’m wearing regular going-out/work clothes.

image.jpg

Wow! Wow! Wow! Love your oval and halo! Also, love that the chain isn’t one continuous chain through the back. Mine also will lay flat against chest vs sliding on a chain.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results