shape
carat
color
clarity

Excited but confused!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rebecca

Rough_Rock
Started shopping for a new ring to replace original wedding ring. Found setting I loved in gold with 16 small princess cut diamonds (8 on each side) for $2,400. We wanted to stay in the $5k range and the diamond presented to me was .82 ct, VS1, K and when I was showed a printout of the cut info, it all said Very Good or Exceptional (I didn't realize all this was important or I would have written the #'s down). The price I was quoted for the diamond was $2,300. Is this a good price? The salesperson didn't think the color would be a huge issue since I had a gold band and was looking to keep my cost down. Your advice is appreciated.:confused:

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rebecca,
It is extremely hard to give you advice on buying such important item.
But if the diamond talks to you, Go for it!
If it was me buying a $5000 diamond ring I would definitely reserch the small diamond dealer before buying from a retail store. choose a diamond according to your budget and then the type of setting you love!
You should be able to get better value than K/VS1 .82ct. and be within your budget.
George

GLE Gem Imports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results