shape
carat
color
clarity

Excited about this stone...Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

unc1

Rough_Rock
I am fairly new to this site and thank everyone who''s helped me in my search for the perfect diamond. I am strongly considering the following stone and would love to get your reactions.

1.62ct Round Brilliant H VS1 AGS0
7.64 x 7.66 x 4.64mm
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 56.7%
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Crown Angle: 34.7
Culet: 0.9%
Girdle: 1.2-1.7%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Flourescence: None

The diamond scores 1.6 on the HCA. I have attached a photograph taken through an Ideal Scope. I am not trained at analyzing these photos so, while I can''t perceive much light leakage, I''d love to get some expert opinions. Thoughts on this stone? What do think a reasonable price would be?

I think my only reservation at this point is the H color. I was really looking for a stone of this size and cut in G color, VS2 clarity, but I don''t want to pay much over $11,000 for the stone and can''t seem to find any. I am hoping that the superior cut of this diamond will make it appear very bright and white for an H. Is this a reasonable expectation? I do plan to set it in a four-prong platinum setting...

Thanks again for your counsel! Hope this diamond''s a beauty!!
1.gif

DiamondImage.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/16/2003 11:36:13 PM unc1 wrote:

I am fairly new to this site and thank everyone who's helped me in my search for the perfect diamond. I am strongly considering the following stone and would love to get your reactions.

1.62ct Round Brilliant H VS1 AGS0
7.64 x 7.66 x 4.64mm
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 56.7%
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Crown Angle: 34.7
Culet: 0.9%
Girdle: 1.2-1.7%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Flourescence: None

The diamond scores 1.6 on the HCA. I have attached a photograph taken through an Ideal Scope. I am not trained at analyzing these photos so, while I can't perceive much light leakage, I'd love to get some expert opinions. Thoughts on this stone? What do think a reasonable price would be?

I think my only reservation at this point is the H color. I was really looking for a stone of this size and cut in G color, VS2 clarity, but I don't want to pay much over $11,000 for the stone and can't seem to find any. I am hoping that the superior cut of this diamond will make it appear very bright and white for an H. Is this a reasonable expectation? I do plan to set it in a four-prong platinum setting...

Thanks again for your counsel! Hope this diamond's a beauty!!
1.gif

----------------

Hey Unc,

I bought my fiance an Ideal Cut Hearts and Arrows stone that is an H set in Platinum and I do not notice the difference and either does she....H is a safe bet...An I with flouresence will also do fine in platinum....If your not in a hurry you could shop for an eye clean si-1 and add a little beef on that baby! Lol....

H is a great choice...

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Unc. It looks like you've stumbled across a beauty on your first try.

Is it a hearts & arrows stone? The symmetry appears very precise.

You're correct in that a well cut diamond will often mask it's color a bit, appearing whiter than it actually is.

Looks like green lights to me.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id consider it if I was shoping for that size/price range.
It is inline with the other pricescope prices.
h should be very white in that cut.
price: $10735
Call whiteflash and talk to them about the diamond.

Yes, I found what has to be this diamond on whiteflash's website thru a pricescope search.

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Really purty picture. Yum.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Double yum, that is a great IdealScope image!! Is it an ACA? Or an ideal from WF? The numbers look good, the image looks good and the HCA corroborates, you could have a winner!
1.gif
Nice carat weight too!!
love.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
unc1,

It appears to be an exceptional stone. Don't worry about the color being H, it should face up white.

rodent.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
---------------
The diamond scores 1.6 on the HCA. I have attached a photograph taken through an Ideal Scope. I am not trained at analyzing these photos so, while I can't perceive much light leakage, I'd love to get some expert opinions. --------------

Ok, expert or not, what 'leakage', where? Congratulations!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very tasty IS image.
1.gif
Looks like you have a winner!

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
The tips of the arrow are not as black as the center....I thought a crisp arrow uniformly black to the edges indicated very little light leakage....

Why are the tips of the arrow lighter than the center?

When we are talking about the IDEAL CUT concept I like to be brutally honest....otherwise why call it ideal. That said I feel that this pic represents a small amount of leakage and will probably impact the light return hardly at all.....

Just out of curiousity is this an ACA WF diamond? ooops answered above....it is in line with a lot of their other ACA stones.

Seems a fair price though.
"The Firescope images show red and black for light return, white for light leakage. The images also show the patterns in the diamond cut - and whether they are clear and sharp. This will indicate whether or not the facets have been precisely aligned."
taken from Eight Star website.

unc1

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for your feedback. We have the stone on hold and will make a decision on it within the next 1-2 days. I can't see how we'll find a better stone for the price between now and then! I thought it was a good one, but it's always helpful to get feedback from folks who know far more than I!! I have learned so much on this forum...

I am curious too about why the arrows aren't quite as black as you move toward the perimeter of the stone. A result of the photography or something more?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Looks exceptional to me...
1.gif
A true beauty!!! The IS image is absolutely great...
love.gif

unc1

Rough_Rock
We decided to buy it! The order's in, so I'll let you know how it all turns out.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Awsome Unc.....I am very very glad you ignored my bad...horrible even...advice above....
The price is good and so is the stone....check out the recent posts on Ideal Scope photos

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
unc..can't wait to see pictures..congratulations, discriminating eye!
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/18/2003 10:57:12 PM unc1 wrote:

We decided to buy it! The order's in, so I'll let you know how it all turns out.
----------------
Congrats...Post those pic's Paleeease...
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results