shape
carat
color
clarity

excited about a new Dan stone coming my way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been eyeing an aquamarine on Dan''s site for weeks. I''ve been emailing with him about it for weeks. I looked all over for other stones to see if there was a cheapie ebay stone I could make do with. I even bought a peridot on ebay for $10, hoping it would satisfy me. (It was advertised as eye clean but when I got it, although the cut was gorgeous and the color was too, it was certainly NOT eye clean. It''s not worth sending back since it was so cheap, so I''ll just keep it and use it in something else.)

This stone will be for a RHR project I''m working on with Julia on etsy, so I really want a stone I''ll LOVE, not just one I''ll like. I can''t wait to get this aqua from Dan. He said it''s a deeper blue than in the photo and is not grey - he says it''s very bright. Blue is my favorite color and it will be set in sterling (so as to keep the project from getting too expensive.) Here is Dan''s photo...

kaqua.jpg.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
forgot specs...

1.38 ct
7.41 mm round

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh how exciting, pretty stone, I love hearing about new projects in the works for everyone

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely, and if it has no grey, then even better! Looking forward to seeing your pics when it arrives.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice looking aqua. Looking forward to your pictures after it arrives.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks girls! I will post photos asap!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Classic aqua color. Nice stone.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks amguy! I''ve never been a huge fan of aqua since so many you see in maul stores are so washed out. But Dan''s look to be a gorgeous color.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely, do you have the ring design all picked out?

I''m very excited to see my pendant by Julia, should have it mid July!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That stone is so pretty. I saw it on his site and wondered why no one had purchased it. Congrats!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet it will be beautiful. I saw it on his site also.

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 9:25:43 AM
Author:katiedid
This stone will be for a RHR project I''m working on with Julia on etsy, so I really want a stone I''ll LOVE, not just one I''ll like.

Do you have a link to Julia''s work?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Gorgeous colour too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dan’s picture is getting more accurate so I’m hoping it’ll be as pretty. It looks like a good candidate for an Etsy bezel.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks - I really hope it''s a nice medium blue. Not too light, not too dark to bezel. But this won''t be just a standard tube bezel...
emteeth.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 3:29:58 PM
Author: katiedid
Thanks everyone! I don''t have the final design yet but here is Julia''s etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7352685

She is an absolute joy to deal with!

I just cannot wait to get this stone!!!
if you return it, let me know! that stone was on my list ;-)

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
karee - I was JUST looking at your "hunt for a stone" thread! I will absolutely let everyone know how this stone turns out. Funny - I''m working with Julia on a Meyer-esque setting too! :)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Based on which Meyer setting? I have my heart set on one of his settings. Never thought of working with someone on a similar one. I can''t wait to see the results! :)

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 9:58:06 AM
karee - I was JUST looking at your ''hunt for a stone'' thread! I will absolutely let everyone know how this stone turns out. Funny - I''m working with Julia on a Meyer-esque setting too! :)
i think that stone would look awesome in it!! that is so funny. she is great. i have a blue stone, but it''s not big enough, i don''t think.
7.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just hope it''s not too light. If it is, I think a bezel would be appropriate.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My design will be a bezel, but an "open bezel" if that makes sense. Can''t give away too much info - still working on the design!
emwink.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Collet set (bezel just the girdle)?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yay very pretty!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono - I''ve never even heard that term! Cool. Yep, that''s the plan (at least that''s the plan at this moment...).
And thanks szh07! I think it''s so pretty. I hope it looks like a swimming pool so that when I''m sitting at work and wishing I was sitting by the pool, I can look at it and get away for a minute!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty. Dan''s description of his gemstones usually tend to be very accurate.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks marcyc! I''m hoping this will be in my mailbox when I get home today...

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:28:40 AM
thanks marcyc! I''m hoping this will be in my mailbox when I get home today...
don''t forget, let me know if you return it!
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure will!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results