shape
carat
color
clarity

Excellent Princess Cut???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MostlyAmorphous

Rough_Rock
Hello Gang,As some of you know I have been on the hunt for a very well cut princess diamond for my engagement. This has not been an easy task...but with a few comprimises I think I may have found something.I would love some of your expert opinions. GIA Cert
Laser Inscribed
54 points
4.59 x 4.59 x 3.3 (i like the symmetry)
Depth: 71.9
Table: 69
Girdle: Thin
Culet: None
Finish: Polish VG
Symmetry G
Clarity: VS1
Color: G (really wanted F or below but..)
Fluor: None
Type of Flaw: Crystal, Needle (is this ok??)The following is a bit blurry..guy telling a guy sort of thing
This is what I was told"Cr. avg. 37.5, 10.3 pav. avg 43.9 degrees 44.8 depth measuring 2.06mm to 2.09mm
(I think this measurement should be 2.98 - 2.96mm)."Apparently "his guy" is not too familar with the sarin measurements so we are not sure.
What do folks think?
Thanks for all of the help so far, this site and you people have been teriffic
smile.gif
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Don't be
smile.gif
Based on numbers it looks like a decent stone. If you want deeper analysis of the stone you might want to send it to David Atlas, AGA, who will run it on Sarin machine and tell you whether everything is all right.

MostlyAmorphous

Rough_Rock
Thanks Leonid,The number for the crown angle i do have is 37.4. The problem is that this angle is in the 3A cut range, if this can be trusted. It seems strange that someone would cut this so well except for the crown angle.Should I worry about this. I don't really understand the concequences of a high crown angle. It seems that it would be hard to have a small table and decent crown height with such a high angle. My visualization skills must be rusty.Confused
David

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The crown angle is a bit steep, but everything looks pretty good by the numbers. I think you made a good find, and I'm sure Dave would be happy to examine it for you and offer his opinion.------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

MostlyAmorphous

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys,I think I will send the stone to Mr. Atlas, as you suggest. He seems to the one most willing to make an open opinion about fancy cuts. And by the way he has been very helpful over email thus far.Apperciate the support will keep you informed!by the way SteveL have you been having any luck with your princess cuts?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Amorphous,
smile.gif
Looks very nice: Perfect square, good table and total depth. Crystal type inclusions shouldn't bother you - you shouldn't see them without a loupe anyway.If the crown angle is correct it should be good too.Hope the price is right
smile.gif
Nice job.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
M/A, well done! If David aproved you're safe.Was it difficult or took a long time to send the diamond to AGA?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cool stuff MA!Yes please let us know when you'll get the stone.

MostlyAmorphous

Rough_Rock
I bought the diamond from IGS or USA Cert diamonds, they had never worked with David before. They got in contact and there was absolutly no trouble. Their supplier sent it to him overnight fed ex and he had the appraisal done the same day (today). All smooth sailing. Mr. Atlas was very helpfull and free with his time, also very reasonable with price. I should get the diamond tues or wed, i choose certified mail, he felt they were actually more reliable.If you guys don't mind i will post the sarin and all to get your opinion, its coming with the diamond.Thanks
Excited

MostlyAmorphous

Rough_Rock
Sent it to David Atlas, he gave it the thumbs up. So I bought her.Can't wait to see it!I will let you know how it looks.Now the next part.. the setting..ahhThanks diamond lovers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results