shape
carat
color
clarity

excellent buying experience, diamondoptics.com and local experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hugodrax

Rough_Rock
My first diamond purchase and I decided to try out buying one online after a month of reading up on diamonds etc.. so I went to the website and found a great .50 superbcert H&A F,VS2,excellent,excellent GIA round brilliant. called up Kirk and decided to order, anyhow he provided excellent customer service answered any concerns or questions regarding the diamond and the purchase. and during the process of ordering he would call me to keep me informed of the whole ordering and delivery process. I went to fed-ex to pick up the diamond and was impressed in the proper packaging of the diamond and related materials (certs,triplex loupe,tweezers,h&a viewer etc..) and the diamond was totally something to behold what a difference to what you normally see out there for over-inflated ripoff prices. anyhow at Home I got an unexpected call from NYC Barry(superbcert) just to insure everything went 100% and answered a few questions I had, I also called Kirk to insure him everything went well and he was interested in my opinion regarding the diamond (previously he wanted me to call just to see how it went) he wanted to make sure I was happy with my purchase.

Anyhow Topshelf customer service and excellent diamond, you cant ask for more and all at a great price.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
on another note today we went to the gables with my wife (southflorida) to check out settings and just to get a kick out of looking at the diamonds people would overpay for, here is a summary.

first, I would get lied straight to my face, god forbid you ask for a certification, AGS amd GIA must be an insult in some language. some would say "No one does certifications to .50 and below" heh. one salesperson I dealt with looked like a 70 year old alzimers patient, he seemed lost in space and expected me to pay 3k for a uncertified .53 that looked slightly yellowish and in the SI2 range, poor cut and brilliance junk junk junk, another place I asked for a AGS000 stone she said I never heard of such a thing and Im a certified Gemologist (I tried not to laugh at this point and just left) I went to a mayors and asked for a .50 range rock something in the VS range, guy comes up with a "special" 2950 rock+(99$)setting special .51, I whip out my Triplex(courtesy of the superbcert guys hehe) I look at it and its the worst cut I have ever seen in my life, the girdle on one half looked thick as hell and the other half of the girdle was razor sharp, the facets almost looked like they picked a random cut???/angle?? someone was drunk at the wheel they salesperson was sweating it when I asked for the Cert, he said the would mail it I tried not to laugh.

Another store, Gables Gem? I ask for .50, I get .48 a deal of a lifetime about 2880 (Rock+free (99$)setting) I look at the stone and on the table a big ass crystal right there easy to spot, I ask for cert and I think, probably EGL or IGI, and it was EGL. it claims VS2,cut Good good, G color.
VS2 my ass I saw I2. anyhow I tell here are you sure this is the right certificate because I see a big crystal on the table, she seems nervous at this point and slowly inspects the cert hehe, and says I can do better I say no thanks and walk away. Anyhow its hard not to laugh at some points.

funny experience and very educational at same time, also they seem to get nervous when you pull out your own triplex and ask pointed questions, I feel sorry for the people who pay so much for garbage so many women wearing junk when they can go top of the line and save a bundle, it should be against the law what these guys do here locally in southflorida, it should be considered fraud. Customer service was crap to non-existant, bold lies and misrepresentation.

Anyhow anyone reading this DO NOT SHOP LOCALLY, you will get lied to and ripped off and customer service will be downright poor.

my wife loves the superbcert and is looking forward to getting it mounted after christmas rush, she now wants diamond earrings so I will be giving Kirk A Call when the time comes :)

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your purchase.

Hooray for you Kirk! :)

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi B,

I wanted to congratulate you.

And I really appreciate how much you enjoyed
the experience. Buying a diamond can sometimes put
people at the edge of their seats in anticipation.
I thought it would help if I eased your patience buy
giving you an extra call or two, just to inform you every
step of the way.:))

You deserve to enjoy this time of your life.

Kirk
www.diamondoptics.com

barry

Shiny_Rock
Hugo;

Thanks for your confidence in us and
for your patronage.

Regards,

Barry
www.superbcert.com

hugodrax

Rough_Rock
got my superbcert checked out, everything spot on. Its nice to see honest vendors in the diamond market. Hopefully consumers will learn that B&M store does not equate better value or service. especially now that I have seen whats out there.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi B,

Its amazing just how much information is out there.
In many cases, consumers are actually becoming more
informed than some of the people in the trade.

I constantly learn how some consumers would confront a
diamond dealer, bringing up intellegent points,
with no clear cut answers from them.

How often does this happen? Apparently, all the time!

I'm sure everybody on this forum has a story or two.
It would be very interesting to hear some of them.

kjboyd

Rough_Rock
I too, had very similar experiences, most jewelers knew GIA but forget about AGS certs. I really found this quite funny since I was in the Boston Jewelery Exchange. If I asked for H&A, 57% or less tables, and AGS 000, I received the deer in the headlights stare. Really glad I came across this website, it gave more than enough education and information to puchase a stone with confidence.THANKS PRICESCOPE.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results