shape
carat
color
clarity

excel diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I am wondering what your experiences with Excel Diamons in NYC is. I contacted them on Tuesday via email to see if they could have some diamonds in their showroom for me to view on Monday. When I didn''t hear back from them, I called on Thursday and they gave me the impression that I was bothering them. They said they weren''t sure if they would have them avalaible. So I asked them to kindly call or email me by Friday to let me know the status and if I should plan on coming in on Monday. Friday came and I didn''t hear from them so I sent an email and here it is Sunday and I have yet to hear from them.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
Weirdest thing- about 2 minutes after I posted this, I received a email from them saying that other vendors will have the diamonds and that I won''t be able to view them through them. Do you think they read this forum???

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lots of industry people read this forum carefully, especially when they are the subject of conversation. It wouldn’t surprise me if they saw your post but it’s equally likely that someone who knows them saw it and forwarded a link as an item that would be of particular interest. A discussion that might be taken as disparaging can grow very quickly here and it becomes Google indexed forever. This is a frightening thought for most dealers and it’s wise to address these things quickly.

The margins on diamonds are tight, especially on stones that the dealers don’t own themselves. They may very well have dropped the ball or they may have been waiting for a few days to see if they can get the stones you needed. It doesn’t much matter and doesn’t surprise me a bit that they would respond to a post like that by deciding that they don’t want your business. The risk of long-term damage to their reputation is just too high for the potential profit available in making a sale.
This is not making excuses for their schedule in getting back to you since I have no clue what lead to the delay. It’s just an explanation of the fast response to your post here. It’s usually bad for business to make your customer feel like a bother, even for dealers in New York City. By all means, take them up on it. Take your business were you feel more welcome.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad Denver wrote. I don''t recommend Excel as an alternative very often, except for someone shopping for AGS0 Princesses. By this behavior, I''ll be circumspect recommending them again. You don''t seem that high maintenance, and asking about a vendor is sort of like...if you can''t take the heat...you might stay out of the kitchen. I guess that''s OK with them...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results