shape
carat
color
clarity

Exact brand of silver cloth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m looking for a cloth to clean my silver jewelry. I was told that the standard dip kind isn''t good for it and so I was looking on eBay but am worried I may end up with a cheap cloth.

Any recommendations for a specific brand to go with?

Thanks!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I have one from probably Target or the like...brand I think is connoisseurs, and I like it a lot, it cleans really well!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 12:09:18 PM
Author: Miscka
I have one from probably Target or the like...brand I think is connoisseurs, and I like it a lot, it cleans really well!
ditto.. I have connoisseurs liquid form for the gold jewelry. works great! Liquid form for silver really is awesome!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:28:35 PM
Author: D&T

ditto.. I have connoisseurs liquid form for the gold jewelry. works great! Liquid form for silver really is awesome!
liquid form doesn''t pit the silver?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t use the liquid dips. They''re supposed to be harsh, and they leave a white residue that needs to be polished off, so you end up polishing the piece anyway--and if the piece is patterned, not smooth, you get that weird, ugly white residue in the crevices.

I don''t remember the brand name of the silver cloth I use, but it''s the one commonly found in housewares stores. It''s turquoise color, costs about $5, lasts a long time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MC, I bought one at T & C ages ago. Was not outrageously priced and it works like a dam.....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:22:12 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

MC, I bought one at T & C ages ago. Was not outrageously priced and it works like a dam.....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, Sharon. I''ll see if they still carry them. The pendants I want to clean are from there.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 5:07:27 PM
Author: MC

Date: 6/24/2009 12:28:35 PM
Author: D&T

liquid form doesn''t pit the silver?
we used the liquid form when I worked long ago at Sears to keep all the silver pieces tarnish free and also sold them, it works wonder, but they are a bit harsh. i dont remember it pitting any since I worked there, but we also used the cloth as well.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
The yellow Sunshine cloth works best. Rio Grande has them, I don''t know where else you can get it.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/27/2009 12:30:50 AM
Author: freefly
The yellow Sunshine cloth works best. Rio Grande has them, I don''t know where else you can get it.

Ditto on the Sunshine cloth. They are great for both silver and gold.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
haggerty

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results