shape
carat
color
clarity

Evil, evil forum

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
that got me hooked on pearls. Just one strand, i thought. Just for fun. I can stop any time.

So I got my pearls. My sister loved them so much I ended up giving her the strand. Then, with my next order, I got needles and silk as well. Thanks to the fantastic stringing topic, I knotted them myself and it looked great. I used the Japanese technique and not a knot was out of place. And now, I have two strands of keshi and three of delicate little rounds to play with.

The rounds are 3-3.5mm pearls, which I plan to wear as a three strand necklace with a pendant (or an ornate, pendant like clasp). Now, should I knot them individually or not? I am afraid the knots might look bulky with these babies.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you use a thinner thread, the knots should not look out of place with the smaller pearls, IMHO.

Pearls are great, with so many different varieties, and affordable, when compared with diamonds, what's not to like?

DK ;))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Evil, evil poster. Pictures, please!

Welcome to our pearlie world!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alas, forum rules don't allow me to post pictures.

But I will tell you they are a dove grey keshi strand, a rose gold keshi and very light peacock rounds. They are inexpensive pearls as I am still learning my way around but pretty and fun to wear. The light peacocks are fascinating, ranging from light mauve to greenish, and tiny. I estimate 133 in each 16 strand.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1405011205|3710559 said:
Alas, forum rules don't allow me to post pictures.

No such restrictions in another board dedicated to pearls as far as I am aware.

DK ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results