shape
carat
color
clarity

Everybody in or near NYC, go see the "Enchanting Imagination" show at the New-York Historical Society!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Run, don't walk!

The most amazing jewels and objects, made of precious metals and gemstones by Andre Chervin, a premier 20th-21st century NYC jeweler whose company made things for Tiffany, Bulgari, etc etc. These are his personal designs and creations, made to express his artistry.

My photos don't do these pieces anything like justice.

@yssie , do not miss this!

See the tiny dewdrops on the nephrite waterlily leaf? They're moonstones.

IMG_3369.jpeg IMG_3368.jpeg IMG_3365.jpeg IMG_3353.jpeg

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t go, but I bought the guide book. Magical!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. ADDING TO MY LIST.

I’m in the city next week actually. I will 100% be making time for this! Thank you for tagging me in the recommendation @glitterata!!

Soseattle

Shiny_Rock
All are just amazingly gorgeous. :love: :love: :love: Unfortunately I live on the other side of the country. :(sad

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I'll check this out after the holidays!

meladori

Rough_Rock
I'll be in the city in a few weeks, thank you for sharing! I'll see if I can check it out.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterata I went to see this exhibit yesterday!! It is spectacular, thank you for the recommendation!

These were my favourites. Folks, that butterfly clip is hand-sized. Not palm-sized, full on hand. I’ve never been much of a yellow diamond person but… Um, yeah, I could be converted… And those earrings!! Oh my goodness those earrings :love:

IMG_8513.jpeg

IMG_8521.jpeg

IMG_8526.jpeg

And the book - the prices!! I would’ve loved to look through the rest of this book. The VCA flagship in NYC has books lining their cases, I assumed they were just for display but my SA told me they’re actually copies of the pre-computer sales records from Paris. Then I assumed the books were empty, they’d just copied the bindings - nope, hundreds of books all filled out with replicated sales details. The stories those books could tell…

IMG_8564.jpeg

IMG_8537.jpeg

Unrelated - their Tiffany lamp display is marvellous ❤️

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@glitterata thank you for bringing this to our attention!! Yours and @yssie ‘s photos are amazing, I’m gutted to be missing this exhibition.

For those that can’t make it and are interested, the NY Historical Society recorded a talk about Chervin and Carvin here:

And I will be copying @Mrsz1ppy ’s idea to buy the book!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results