shape
carat
color
clarity

Evaluate a pair of stones for ~1ctw studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 6:39:44 PM
Author: boston_jeff

Date: 2/14/2008 3:15:32 PM
Author: sna77

Hey jeff! Looks like we are both in the market for practically the same thing... I actually just got a pair of studs from WF. I went with the handmade martini settings in platinum and gave them to my FI this AM... She was thrilled... Here''s my thread showing them off: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/new-studs-arriving-tomorrow-pics-t78495.html .

BTW, I did the smae thing you did--took my FI to Tiffany and had her try on earrings as well... She liked apx .6 to . 7ct each per ear and though that 1ct per ear was too much... I comprimised by going to .9ct. She didn''t seem to mind I suppose...

BTW, where are you guys in Boston? We live in Brookline... FI works in the financial district, but I''m stuck in suburban hell in Waltham for the day job...

Hi sna-- I saw your recent purchase, and they were perfect. Well done. I''m sure your fiance is beaming.

I consider myself really lucky that my fiance has *tiny* earlobes and it seems that the .53''s will be more than enough. I''m considering a pair of .60''s that are also available, but I''m not sure they will make much of a difference, and the pair I have on reserve are a really good match. Maybe she''ll want to upgrade in the future to something significantly bigger, but I think this will be a nice start.

We are actually in NYC now-- I grew up very close to Brookline, but a down a few circles of suburban hell, so I feel your pain re: Waltham. I''m just a Sox fan trying to avoid getting beer spilled on me at Yankee Stadium.

Funny... My FI and i met in NYC... I grew up subrubia in Mass too, and then moved to NYC when i got out of college... FI was from Jersey, and somehow (my job) we wound up back in boston... But I really miss NYC....

BTW, I think the set you got is a great macth... My only question: What color is FI''s engagement ring? My FI''s e-ring is an E, and I wanted to makie sure that I didn''t buy earrings any less than an F... I''m really color sensitive and didn''t want the earrings to stand out... That being said, clarity is a great place to save on earrings... If you have someone holding a loupe to your FI''s ears you have a whole new set of issues... haha
9.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 7:07:14 PM

Funny... My FI and i met in NYC... I grew up subrubia in Mass too, and then moved to NYC when i got out of college... FI was from Jersey, and somehow (my job) we wound up back in boston... But I really miss NYC....

BTW, I think the set you got is a great macth... My only question: What color is FI''s engagement ring? My FI''s e-ring is an E, and I wanted to makie sure that I didn''t buy earrings any less than an F... I''m really color sensitive and didn''t want the earrings to stand out... That being said, clarity is a great place to save on earrings... If you have someone holding a loupe to your FI''s ears you have a whole new set of issues... haha
9.gif
FI''s engagement ring is an H, as are the earrings. I am comfortable with the H color in an ACA, because the ACAs face up so white as is. Particularly in an earing, I think H is a perfect color. If it wasn''t such a well-cut stone, I''d probably have felt more comfortable with a F-G, but I think this should work fine.

NYC has its advantages for sure, although all the fun comes at a price. Living in Brookline which has its own cool areas (I like the Coolidge Corner area in particular) and is so close to Boston is not a bad place to be, though. Even if you have to spend part of your day amidst the thrill ride that is Waltham.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 6:48:34 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
She will LOVE them!

Thanks Tacori! I hope so!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a loving fiance. She will just love the earrings. They are so close in specs....and ACA to boot. They are going to be beautiful.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 8:08:34 PM

Date: 2/14/2008 7:07:14 PM

9.gif
FI''s engagement ring is an H, as are the earrings. I am comfortable with the H color in an ACA, because the ACAs face up so white as is. Particularly in an earing, I think H is a perfect color. If it wasn''t such a well-cut stone, I''d probably have felt more comfortable with a F-G, but I think this should work fine.

NYC has its advantages for sure, although all the fun comes at a price. Living in Brookline which has its own cool areas (I like the Coolidge Corner area in particular) and is so close to Boston is not a bad place to be, though. Even if you have to spend part of your day amidst the thrill ride that is Waltham.

We actually live in Coolide Corner... works out nice... qucik T ride to Fenway... =)

So back to the earrings... Is this going to be your wedding gift to her (something new, perhaps)? When is the big day? We''re July 26... in NJ actually...

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 8:02:53 AM

We actually live in Coolide Corner... works out nice... qucik T ride to Fenway... =)

So back to the earrings... Is this going to be your wedding gift to her (something new, perhaps)? When is the big day? We''re July 26... in NJ actually...
Earrings are sort of a pre-wedding gift, but we''re still 6+ months away (September in Boston), so I''ll have to hope the excitement doesn''t wear off by then...

Got a lot of reassurance from WF, particularly Jamie who was great, so I went ahead with the stones on reserve. I trust WF that they would not put the ACA name on stones that weren''t near-perfect. And I know they would like to keep a young PSer with a fiance with a bling-craving as a customer!

Thanks everyone who contributed in this (short) thread, or just took the time to visit!

I''ll hopefully have WF pictures in a week, and then real-life shots by the end of the month.

Best,
Jeff

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 3:14:29 PM

Date: 2/15/2008 8:02:53 AM

Earrings are sort of a pre-wedding gift, but we''re still 6+ months away (September in Boston), so I''ll have to hope the excitement doesn''t wear off by then...

Got a lot of reassurance from WF, particularly Jamie who was great, so I went ahead with the stones on reserve. I trust WF that they would not put the ACA name on stones that weren''t near-perfect. And I know they would like to keep a young PSer with a fiance with a bling-craving as a customer!

Thanks everyone who contributed in this (short) thread, or just took the time to visit!

I''ll hopefully have WF pictures in a week, and then real-life shots by the end of the month.

Best,
Jeff
Earrings were a pre-wedding gift from me too... Backed myself into a corner thoguh with the wedding gift. haha

Good luck! I''ve bought from Whiteflash twice now, and have been really happy both times... I dealt with Lesley for both of my purchases and she was great too...

BTW, where in Boston is the wedding?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see more of these babies!!! Yahoo!
A zillion pictures when you get them, please, Jeff?!!!
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results