shape
carat
color
clarity

European diamond market / Import procedure from non-EU

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,

I have opened this post to gather information regarding the import procedures and taxes when importing precious stones in EU states from non-EU states.
My thought is to make this post as a guide.

I will update this post regularly with additional information so it makes it easier for whoever is interested.
Also, we can use this post to share our experience when ordering online from non-EU states.

Main USA websites delivering wordlwide:
WhiteFlash - information regarding the international shipping below (beware that they do not ship to all EU states)

JamesAllen - information regarding the international shipping below
As I have reached their support (as April 2024), they do not use FedEx anymore but use UPS to ship.
Upon placing the order they do not collect the VAT or Duty taxes - but will have UPS collect them as well as handle the import procedures.

BlueNile - information regarding the international shipping below - its the same vendor as JamesAllen, same conditions apply

European dealers:
77diamonds - They deliver to EU states from Germany therefore only VAT tax will be applied and is being collected upon placing the order. Mo Duty tax will be applied

Will update the list as I find other websites and get in touch with them to make sure that the information provided is accurate.
Still, verify the information prior to placing the order.

Its a starting point :) let's grow it together!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results