shape
carat
color
clarity

European Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

danrom

Rough_Rock
Can anyone help with a link to a place where I can find out what is the geometry and proportions of a European Cut diamond. Are there any formulas to determine the aproximate weight for Mine Cut and European Cut?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I know I've seen something like that posted before--do a search. If you're asking because you're wondering about the diamonds in your brooch, they look like rose cuts to me, not OEC or OMC's. Though I could be wrong--it's hard to tell from the picture.

danrom

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input. The brooch diamonds are indeed rose cuts. My question about the european cut geometry refers to a ring that accompanied the brooch.
Thanks again.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
These formulas will put you in the right ballpark for OEC and OMC diamonds, but be aware the girdle thickness and "lumpy" proportions can alter the results somewhat.

OEC: Diameter squared x depth x .0064
OMC: Diameter averaged and squared x depth x .0068

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Picture! Picture! Show us a picture of the ring!

danrom

Rough_Rock
Here is the ring, nothing spectacular..
It is around 1.25 to 1.3 carat. european cut, pretty clear, color so and so.
I will probably take it to an appraiser.

dbring1.jpg

danrom

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I don't know how to attach multiple files in the same posting, this is another view of the ring posted earlier.

dbring2a.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's heavenly! I LOVE that setting. Is it white gold or platinum?

Oh, I hope you keep the stone and the setting together or find a buyer who wants both, if you're planning to sell it. That's definitely somebody's dream ring.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that's gorgeous! It certainly is someone's dream ring. Gee, if I could justify buying another ring right now I'd snatch it up!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love the deco-looking zigzags going around the head and the clean-looking bezel. It reminds me of Bagpuss's 3-stone ring.

Bagpuss! Yoo hoo! Take a look at this.

danrom

Rough_Rock
Hello and thanks for your opinion about the ring! That’s what I have been saying all along to my husband, danrom. So and so color? Get out of here! It has NO color and no inclusions. It is platinum and it has been hand set and hand engraved.
It may very well stay with us since it has begun competing with MY ring. See the smiley...
lickout.gif

jenirom

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Keep that beauty. If you sell it, you'll get only a fraction of what it would cost to buy it. Plus, perhaps there's some sentimental attachment, since it's an heirloom?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I'm so jealous! Yes, keep it. If it were mine, you wouldn't be able to pry it out of my hands with a gun to my head!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results