shape
carat
color
clarity

European cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MAYAROOROO

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking buying either a 1.55 ct OEC VS2/I color for 7950.00 or a 1.64 ct OEC VS2/L color for 5500.00
from the internet. Does the higher priced stone justify the additional cost for the difference in color? I would apprciate it if someone could help..
Thks,

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Mary, the 'local expert' for OEC's is Independent Gemologist David Atlas of http://www.gemappraisers.com and we recommend sending those diamonds to David for evaluation prior to purchasing either one because there can be so much variance in the cut / proportions of the OEC's that nobody can really answer your question without seeing the diamonds in-person... In addition to being an independent gemologist, David operates a business which supplies OEC diamonds 'to the trade' and thus he is extremely familiar with that cut... We want to stress that David sells only to the trade and has a strict policy to this regard.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Yep, contact Dave.

Personally, though OECs face up whiter, I would choose the higher color--unless you like very warm diamonds. I don't know, though, if the price is reasonable.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
In addition to being an independent gemologist, David operates a
business which supplies OEC diamonds 'to the trade' and thus he is
extremely familiar with that cut... We want to stress that David
sells only to the trade and has a strict policy to this regard.
-----------

Although everything I have ever seen from Dave indicates that he grades and appraises like an independent (neutral & unbiased), technically the definition of an independent appraiser is one who does not buy or sell.

To the best of my knowledge, Dave doesn't claim to be an independent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results