shape
carat
color
clarity

European Brilliants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Manks

Rough_Rock
Hi All

As I mentioned last week, I bought a stone a while ago, before I started becoming really into diamonds. It was for my partner''s engagement ring.

Fortunately, I chose OK, the stone is lovely and stacks up well on the Holloway Cut Adviser (which I had not heard of when I bought it). According to HCA though, the table would benefit from being smaller.

I have done a little reading and found that, though the Holloway thinking is that 65% is the absolute maximum table, it appears that Europe favours larger table sizes.

The way that the larger table size affects my stone is that it does not have a lot of fire, but is very brilliant and reflects a lot of light.

So it seems that we Europeans have differing ideas on what constitutes a good brilliant cut to the Americans. Sort of two nations separated by a common cut ;-). It might be, of course that we like our rocks to look larger because everything is so much more expensive here and we can''t afford really big rocks like the Americans!

Manks

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I am European too, but I prefer a lot of fire and contrast than a lot of light return.

I never saw a diamond with such a big table that has good light return (or fire).

With such a table, you often have leakage at the border of the table.

I've heard that German people often buy this kind of diamonds.

Because they don't know pricescope?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results