carat
color
clarity

Etruscan 18-22kt gold ring w/blue-green tourmaline

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ok, continuing on from the Catch All Thread -

Here's the stone I'd like to set, an 8x13mm blue-green tourmaline, in high-karat gold ring, with Etrusan/ancient Roman design. I'm thinking granulated gold, maybe some other stones, maybe not...

Lovedogs was kind enough to do some mockups for me, maybe we can get those images over here too...in the meantime, here's some other finds online. (By the way, can anyone paste in the images from the other thread, or let me know how to do that?)

This was from Zaffiro Jewelry in Portland, OR. I have emailed them, let's see what they say about custom projects. Their work is just exquisite. Here is more work from them:

I hope they are taking custom orders!!!!!!!

img_11324.jpg

cr510a_0.jpg

r1503_0.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I can't help but add a few more of their pics, they are so incredible:

And here was my main inspiration pic - ancient, granulated, and refined:

If anyone has any suggestions as to jewelers, sidestones (if any), design, etc, please let me know!

r1603_0.jpg

r506-r2006-r307-r407-r507_0.jpg

_36932.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
DesertRose I don't have any suggestions but I like the direction you are taking with th gorgeous tourmaline.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Lovinggems, I really like this style, it seems so lavish and rich. I would probably not pile on a lot of decoration, to keep it reasonable cost and because I want to wear it frequently. But some granulation, and possibly some side stones, would be nice.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to look so fab in high kt gold. :love:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Chrono - do you by chance know any jewelers who do this kind of work? I'm in the SW, but anywhere in the US would be great.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I love your inspiration photos. I'm a big fan of that style!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the style you are going to choose. No suggestions, but I will follow your thread closely.

Here are the photo's from the 'show me' thread:

_2887.jpeg

_2888.jpeg

_2889.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the pic you posted yourself:

_2890.jpeg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could try Fredricka Kulicke. Her shop is called Kulicke on Etsy. She does great granulation work in 22k. I had a star saphire ring that I loved made by her and it had excellent workmanship.

I have wanted the opal earrings from her forever!

il_294.jpg

il_295.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results