shape
carat
color
clarity

Etiquette question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rim3hc

Rough_Rock
A family friend only sells Hearts on Fire diamonds, but I have my eye on the White Flash ACA line. I can''t justify buying a Hearts on Fire, but still would like to patronize the family friend''s store by purchasing the setting there. Is it bad etiquette to purchase a diamond from another store and bring it the family friend for the mounting/setting? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh and just have to say for the thousandth time, these forums are a god send!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure you can. You are still giving them your business by buying the setting from them. I agree the premium for the hearts on fire is soooo not worth it (in my book anyways). Got to love those ACA's. Good luck!!
Welcome to PS
35.gif

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Some places will and some places won''t set a stone that you did not buy from them. Reason being that they do not want to be responsible if the stone breaks during setting. Also the friend in the businnes may charge more for the mounting than what the seller would. I would not worry about the friends in the business they will live until you make your next purchase. Find a setting you like by the diamond seller and let them put it together for you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results