shape
carat
color
clarity

etiquette question-thank you notes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
FI and I have a honeymoon registry. Our wedding is not until mid july, but today we received a registry gift from someone not invited to our DW. (she is the mother of one of my best friends) Do we send the thank you NOW or are we suppoed to wait to tell her how we enjoyed the gift.

Please advise!

Thanks!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would send the thank you now, as you have time and it''s one less you have to do later. Just say something like, "we''re really looking forward to our honeymoon and your gift will make it even more special" or "We''re really looking forward to skin diving with great white sharks! Thanks so much for thinking of us"...

Make sure you update your life ins policies if the latter ends up being true!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I was always taught to send thank-you notes promptly.

I would do the same in this case, and tell the person how much I was looking forward to the trip. (In my opinion, it''s better to send a thank you now, than to wait until I have dozens to write all at the same time, when I won''t be able to put as much thought into the notes).

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your advice ladies. That was my gut feeling, but I wasnt sure if it was correct or not. I feel MUCH better now!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Yep send it now. People will send gifts out of love... even if they weren''t invited to the wedding. It isn''t to solicit an invite, but more just to be apart of it, and send a gift. One of my best friend''s mother''s sent a gift because she''s known me since I was 11 or 12 years old... and just wanted to send something special... it was!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results