shape
carat
color
clarity

Etienne Perret Ashley e-ring- band advice?

SCAgolden

Rough_Rock
Hello!! I'm excited to show off my new engagement ring- we set the 1.0 carat Brilliant Earth cushion my fiance picked out in a Etienne Perret Ashley setting, 18k white gold, brushed on the outer portion of the band, and polished inside. I LOVE it! Now we're starting to hunt for wedding bands, and I'll admit I'm at a bit of a loss. Many bands seem to want to sneak under the e-ring since the edges are undercut, and since my finger is thin with a slightly bigger knuckle, so the rings have to fit a bit loosely, unfortunately. I am contemplating many ideas: a plain brushed white gold band about 4mm wide, or the same in yellow or rose gold, perhaps with the e-ring worn with it, and perhaps on the other hand. Also considering an eternity band, and I'd love to hear advice! Does anyone out there have e-rings and wedding bands in non-matching metals?

Thanks!!!

Ring1edited.JPG

Ring2edited.JPG

Ring4edited.JPG

Ring5edited.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
that's a really cool ring :) we need more pics though!

as far as bands...it definitely looks like you have long fingers so you could fit another ~4mm band. I would just go try some on and see what you like! Maybe even two thinner bands in rose gold to stack on either side of your ring, or two eternity bands...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! A friend of mine has a very similar e-ring in white gold (although hers doesn't have the overhang) and she got 2 thin yellow gold bands to wear on either side. It looks awesome.

Have you asked Etienne Perret if he recommends a particular band with that e-ring? He may be able to make something to work with the overhang.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a cool ring - big ditto to more pics!!

I'm thinking it would be amazing with something - totally different, to add a different texture - a high-polished 2mm rose gold domed band, maybe, or a twist band like Haven has (custom made to better match the height of your Ering) http://www.etsy.com/listing/59101990/pink-gold-twist-14k-band , or a super thin eternity (again - made to match your Ering in height)...

ETA: and asking the designer for recs like Thing suggests is an even better idea 8)

SCAgolden

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your great advice- I definitely will contact Etienne, that's a great idea. It's true that I have long fingers, so a wider ring is definitely a possibility. My finger is a 4.75, but I can palm a women's basketball, so that might give you an idea (if you're familiar with basketball!). When I got engaged and started thinking about settings for the diamond, I thought I would want a very thin solitaire band, but was surprised to see that a thin band didn't look right (in my opinion) on my long, thin fingers. I do love this more substantial band, and I love that the ring is a little unusual and a very clean design. I get a lot of compliments on it! And in my field (medicine) a lower profile ring like mine works very well.

Thank you all for your kind words! I'll keep you updated...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a narrower band on either side would be beautiful with your ring! Not sure about the slipping under part. Jewelers sometimes suggest soldering them together when that is an issue, but I would hate to do that personally. Of course, your e-ring could certainly stand-alone as a combination e-ring/wedding band, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results