shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Im getting a local jeweler to create a setting for me based on an eternity ring I saw at an overpriced jeweler. However, he really needs a picture to work from, and I''m having trouble finding anything that really matches up. This one, from precision set, is as close as I''ve found (picture below). It''s not exactly what I''m looking for though -- I want the band to have tiny diamonds -- less than 3/4 ct. total -- and I would prefer less metal. Do you think this picture would be sufficient to show him what I''m looking for, or alternatively, does anyone know where I can find a picture of an eternity ring like this with smaller stones?

Thanks in advance!

bezel diamond eternity band -- large.jpg

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
I was just looking at this one on Ashford.com today. It reminds me of a Daniel K. ring that used to be on his site. I think he also made one with all diamonds (rather than alternating with rubies), but since I can't find them on his site, I can't post it.....

Love the style. You're going to have a fabulous ring when all is said and done. Hope you'll post pics for us.

Kris

p367x.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The total weight you want to use will make the ring a delicate one, but it is certainly possible. That photo is very adequate for the job. YOU WILL NEED TO DISCUSS THE THICKNESS FROM THE TOP OF THE DIAMONDS TO THE FINGER which is something the photo does not show at all. You will also need a very exacting finger size. Don't expect to be able to re-size a ring like this one to a larger or smaller size with any ease. It will be difficult and will definitely show if a stone is added to increase the size.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, the re-sizing thing was a bit of a concern of mine. The jeweler gave us the option of doing the band for the setting 3/4 around and making the actual wedding band eternity, since the wedding band will have more of a tendency to spin on the finger. That way, if I do "fatten up" that's only one ring that will have to be reworked extensively.

I did find another picture on faycullen that is more what I'm going for, only more symmetrical and minus the engraving.

Question -- do y'all think the ring would look better with the bezel setting all the way around the diamonds, or with the diamdonds touching eachother and the metal scalloping around the diamonds??

Here's the band (2 of them actually) from faycullen.com that's appx the size diamonds i'd like -- theyre still a bit bigger that what I'm probably getting, though... Ahh, budgets. Rats.

small bezel eternity pair.jpg

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Just to clarify, by diamonds touching, I mean like the ones in the precision set photo in the first post -- no metal between the individual diamonds, and by completely bezel set, I mean like the ones in the faycullen photo. Which would look better?

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the scalloped look, much more elegant - but it will use up more stones.
10.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the scalloped look in the first pic over the full bezel. I think it is more elegant.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the scalloped look of the first photo.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to be different and say the complete bezels. Looks more old fashioned, which I like. But the other way is lovely, too.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Allright, we decided on the 3/4 bezel. It's going to be in white gold (or else it would be out of budget range) with 6 pt. diamonds all the way around. For the prongs, I'm having them do the double-prong u prong 4 (or 8, if you count each double prong as 2) prong setting so that the diamond will sit low.
We finally chose a diamond, too. It's a very pretty I color SI1 (but really should have been a vs2 in my opinion -- we'll see what the appraiser says) Ideal cut 1.01 ct. stone showing near H&A pattern.

So, now I wait for about 2 weeks plus however much more time it takes my boyfriend to actually propose (he had me design and pick out everything).

I'll post pictures when the ring is done! Thanks for all of y'alls advice.

TooMuchInformation

Rough_Rock
So, here's a quick question for you weemodin...

Where do you go to find a bunch of high quality 6 pt stones, and what kind of cost is there for stones as small as these (but in large quantity)?

Also, what is an "eternity ring" for? Is this just the name of the style, or does it have some other sort of meaning, somewhat like a promise ring or engagement ring?

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
My jeweler is suppling the 6pt stones. The stones in the other settings he's done have been very high quality as per my (inexpert) examination of them, so I'm just trusting him to use the same quality on my ring.
I honestly have no idea where one could get quality 6 pt diamonds on their own -- I hear whiteflash has them, perhaps?

As for cost, I'll PM you the info on that -- quite reasonable, though.

As for the eternity ring thing: the style of the setting, with diamonds all around the ring, is an eternity ring style. Usually they're just stand alone, but here I'm having my engagement ring setting made in an eternity ring style -- i.e. a 1ct RB set onto the ring.

As a side note, I think people traditionally give eternity rings as anniversary gifts, although they make good wedding bands as well. Heck, I think they are appropriate for any occassion! Anytime's a good time for diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results