shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Wedding Bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
I was trying to upload a picture of the two rings I am talking about but kept gettinf error. Maybe the file is too big. ?

Anyway I wanted to know what type of ring would go best with a center marquise shape flanked by two pear shaped diamond engagement ring. I was watching InStyle Weddings recently and one of the girls had a ring similar to this. Her center stone was a pear. She mentioned her band was an eternity wedding band. I didn''t get a great look but it looked like it was all diamonds. Looked nice what little I saw.
My worry is finding a band that fits the engagement ring. Considering the edge is not straight. its pointed in the center and rounded on the sides. Suggestions.

THANKS
wavey.gif

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
NO one has any suggestions on what wedding band I can get to fit the engagement ring I am getting?
sick.gif

Marquise center with a pear shape on each side. I don't want the rings to have a huge gap in between I want them to be side by side touching. Come on guys no suggestions?
sad.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I have no suggestions. One of my good friends has a gorgeous marquis solitaire ring and I have no idea what to tell her in what kind of band to get as Marquis is such a big pointy stone! what DO you get to put next to it? I think your only choice would be a custom made eternity ring that has an area for the point of the marquis, or a 'wrap' or similar. I would suggest going into a large well known jewelry store where they have alot of settings (we have the Shane Co here and they have massive amounts of settings even though their stones are overpriced), and talking to someone to get their ideas on what you can do. I'm sure they see marquis stones all the time. Doesn't mean you have to buy from them, but pick their brain a little. You may see something you like! Or have something made custom..its less expensive than you might think.

Good luck!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

The setting you are talking about is not an eternity band. (an eternity band is a solid row of diamonds, usually the same size going all the way around your finger)

What you are talking about is a 3 stone ring. I've seen the Marquis with the pear on the dirtcheapdiamonds.com website (you have to look under "rings with sidestones") and if you just do a little hunting you will find the settings.

Try typing "marquis and pear diamond ring" into a search engine. That was how I found my setting.

Cheers!

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for trying to help guys I appreciate it. I guess I will just have to keep looking in the stores. I will look into having something custom made to match the engagement ring. I do like that eternity wedding band. (bet it cost a pretty penny) I think it would go well with that style engagement ring.

Thanks
wavey.gif

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
You could have a jeweler make you a "shadow" band to go with your diamond. I believe that's a band that fits the exact contour of your engagement ring. Usually they aren't real thick but you could have a jeweler make anything you want probably even with diamonds.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Shadow band huh. Cool! I never heard of that. I will be checking this out. Thanks much!
wavey.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple of ideas - use your imagination as they aren't exactly right.

With this first one - imagine the bagettes as your pears. Then have the wedding band made as the one in the picture only with smaller pears than on your e-ring. I would also consider putting a band on both sides - but this is because I like symmetry!

Next

marquis.jpg

justme

Shiny_Rock
This could be rather interesting with your ring in the middle. And with this style you can see how the above option could be put together.

Lastly

Marquis1.jpg

justme

Shiny_Rock
Just a simple band along side nothing detracting from your stone or side stones.

With any of these I would guess that you'll have to have them custom done so as to match up to your ring and diamond properly.

Hope my ideas helped!

Justme

marquis 2.jpg

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
HI

Leanne I have searched but couldn't find anything online about shadow bands. Does anyone have a picture of one?

Just me thanks for the pics The second one looks really interesting. I will have to check into that too. Lots of room for the pear shaped side stones.

I was thinking if I had the setting of my ring raised that would let the band fit flush with the band on the engagement ring. Can you do that once the ring is done though?

If I can't get the eternity band to look the way I want against the engagement ring I will more than likely go with your second picture Justme.

Although loving that eternity band. I found one that has emerald cut diamonds all the way around. Very nice.
wavey.gif

Thanks for the help all!

justme

Shiny_Rock
GBF -

I think that the shadow band that Leanne is writing of is like option number 1 that I posted - in that it just 'shadows' the form of the e-ring.

JM

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Oh ok. Thanks justme. I guess I could see having something like that made. Hmmmm wonder if I can get and eternity band made something like that. I'll think more on that later. Thanks for all the help. You guys have been great!
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought that the first picture was more of a 'wrap'? Where it fits with the e-ring? Maybe I'm off...

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
I know this thread is like centuries old but now that I have the complete package I wanted to come back and say thanks to all who helped from the beginning of searching for the ring to the wedding band.

In the end I have changed the center stone from marquise to pear shape so now it is a three pear stone ring. I love it to death. He did real well on it. For the band we are going with the eternity bands for us both. It fits nicely with the e-ring LOTS better than it would have with the marquise.

So THANKS BUNCHES!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!

When I came here I new nothing. Thanks for the education.
wavey.gif

Balustroid

Rough_Rock
GBF

Glad to hear you've finally got the rings sorted. Any pics? I would love to see your 3-pear ring.

This is a good site. I'm learning so much here.

read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results