shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity vs bridal set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

felmingham

Rough_Rock
Hi
I am wondering if somebody can explain to me the difference between an eternity ring and a bridal set.
I am hoping to get the Danhov ring - have attached.
The three rings together - is that a eternity ring or a bridal set?
thanks

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Hello and welcome! I''m sorry your pictures won''t attach, and I wish I could help but I am not very computer saavy. As for your question, I''ve always thought as an eternity band as a ring that has gemstones around the entire band and that is usually given for an anniversary. I also think that a bridal set is normally just an engagement and wedding band together (that often, but don''t always, match and are sold as a set). And I may misunderstand what you are saying... you want to get a Danhov eternity band and have it attached, as in soldered, to the wedding ring? Maybe it''s just late and I am misunderstanding everything, as it''s 3 am here. Hopefully I answered ONE of your questions at least, and if not, sorry!

*M*

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
An eternity ring is a band ring with stones that go all the way around the ring. A bridal set is an engagement ring and a wedding band. Some wear an eternity band with their engagement ring, instead of a plain wedding band. (I do sometimes, and sometimes I just wear my eternity band on my right hand.) You could also wear a diamond eternity ring alone as a wedding ring or with a plain gold band for a wedding set if she is not into the solitaire look. It''s pretty, and good for professionals who must wear gloves a lot...nurses, etc.

felmingham

Rough_Rock
Here are the links to the rings.

http://www.novori.com/diamond-engagement-rings-12618R4-p.html
# here is the engagement ring
http://www.novori.com/diamond-wedding-rings-12617R4-p.html here is the bridal set

So i am getting the engagement ring - but was wondering if i could wear the other ring in the bridal set as a wedding band then later down the track get the third ring as anniversary ring. Or do i need a different wedding ring? Getting bit confused.

I am wondering if I get the engagement ring if i should just get a plain band with it as wedding band?

Thanks

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Well it seems the answer to your questions is dependent upon the look you want. You can wear your rings in any combination you want. From what you said about getting one of the wedding bands that matche the engagement ring first and then getting the 2nd for a wedding anniversary sounds like a great idea. Really though, you can do whatever you want as far as *how* you wear the ring. Though it may be that the "set" is sold with both rings. You probably need to check with the vendor on that one.

FYI - one of the Pricescope vendors James Allen has that same ring you posted for $100 less. I am not sure about Novori or their reputation but many here have purchased from James Allen.

felmingham

Rough_Rock
thanks onedrop

i have seen james allen makes them however I am actually in australia so going ot get made here - it has been a struggle to find a jeweller who has even seen a ring like this. anyway hopefully it will all work out well

thanks for your input

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results