shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity stacking

Ch176

Rough_Rock
When stacking multiple diamond eternity bands, do I need spacers between diamond bands within exposed sides (eg shared prong)? I want a full stack of all diamond bands (no plain bands).

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My understanding is that if the girdle (outer most perimeter) of one diamond is touching the girdle of another diamond, there is likely to be damage to both diamonds.
I was really hoping to stack larger diamond eternity bands. I own a platinum 0.25 per stone U I prong eternity band and was hoping to stack it with a matching yellow diamond cushion cut eternity band. When I called Tami at ID Jewellery to discuss them making me another band to go with the one I own, she said there would be too much damage to both rings in the long run, and just get another tennis bracelet instead :(
Another pricescoper did mention putting a thin Tiffany wedding band between the rings, but it really isn’t the look I’m going for.
If anyone has any other setting ideas or ways to manage this first world problem I’d really love the advice.

P.S I did try stacking my eternity u prong eternity band with a Chanel set diamond eternity band. The chanel set band had a lot of metal on either side and in my desired carat weight was just too uncomfortable to wear.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
My understanding is that if the girdle (outer most perimeter) of one diamond is touching the girdle of another diamond, there is likely to be damage to both diamonds.
I was really hoping to stack larger diamond eternity bands. I own a platinum 0.25 per stone U I prong eternity band and was hoping to stack it with a matching yellow diamond cushion cut eternity band. When I called Tami at ID Jewellery to discuss them making me another band to go with the one I own, she said there would be too much damage to both rings in the long run, and just get another tennis bracelet instead :(
Another pricescoper did mention putting a thin Tiffany wedding band between the rings, but it really isn’t the look I’m going for.
If anyone has any other setting ideas or ways to manage this first world problem I’d really love the advice.

P.S I did try stacking my eternity u prong eternity band with a Chanel set diamond eternity band. The chanel set band had a lot of metal on either side and in my desired carat weight was just too uncomfortable to wear.

Thank you! My shared prong bands are different heights bc of size of stones. I was hoping that would help but I think they’re still touching. I’m trying to find bands to put between them where the stones are bezel set but I’m wondering if that will be enough protection.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
On another note…..anyone have suggestions for where to go for a yellow diamond eternity? I’m not finding very many reputable places when I do a search.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Diamonds by Lauren!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On another note…..anyone have suggestions for where to go for a yellow diamond eternity? I’m not finding very many reputable places when I do a search.

ID Jewellery made my white diamond one which I’m really happy with, and they do yellow diamond eternities too.

Alex Park of Parks fine group also makes them at a reasonable price D2B3F04C-3854-4C97-A14F-01A3A70B6E61.png

If you have money to burn, then moussaief does lovely ones too. This is not mine. I tried it on at a jewellery show. It looked so good with my white diamond eternity. I’d live to replicate the look, but it’s probably too damaging
509B0804-1F61-4A25-A6D9-4FD28A022643.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just been though my inspiration folder and found this setting by Sam at Ice rock diamonds. I wonder if this would create enough space between the bands to stop the girdles rubbing?

C35041AE-8B81-4966-A0BA-0AE38A1D61FC.png

I’ve not bought from Sam but another pricescoper (Holly something??) has a beautiful tennis necklace and yellow diamond pear shaped solitaire ring. I think she had a good experience, her jewellery is stunning

Ch176

Rough_Rock
I kinda like these two styles (except cushion for the bezel one instead of Asher). The bezel would be better for stacking purposes 1D8A660B-CC4A-48D8-AAB2-247194F3AD25.jpeg

Attachments

• D1AB8DBC-D016-409A-A708-E82B1F2EE604.png
    D1AB8DBC-D016-409A-A708-E82B1F2EE604.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 1

dmack

Shiny_Rock
This thread has a band with a discreet rail to prevent rubbing - might be an option worth considering!

Ch176

Rough_Rock
Off topic slightly…..never bought yellows before, is there anything I should know about? Heat treatment?

michkal

Rough_Rock
I have two eternities that I stack and I always wear a tiny 1mm spacer in between. one has exposed girdles and I feel more comfortable keeping them safe. I love stacks so I like the look, and between all the sparkle, it’s not really the center of attention.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
I have two eternities that I stack and I always wear a tiny 1mm spacer in between. one has exposed girdles and I feel more comfortable keeping them safe. I love stacks so I like the look, and between all the sparkle, it’s not really the center of attention.

Is that enough? I do have a 1.5 mm spacer but I feel like they may still be touching. One eternity is bigger (7ct) and the other much smaller (1ct) so I’m wondering if the bigger one is kinda overhanging and touching the smaller one even with the spacer between them. I think I just need to try a wider spacer….probably a bezel set eternity so I have sparkle :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results