shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Ring

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hello PS,

I have inquired about eternity ring settings and have received quotes from both BE (ERD) and IDJ, there is about an $800.00 difference, however one uses 14k and the other 18k. IDJ's ring height is 2.5mm and BE is 2mm depth. The BGD dream is really low at 1.8mm, however is pricier. I have requested for the ring to be made with G color VS stones. I would like the ring to sit as low as possible to the finger. What would you do? Suggestions? Thank you in advance for the support.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size stones are you talking?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try to chuck out the gold variable. Decide which one you want - 14k or 18k so you can get as close to an apples to apples comparison that you can.

Have you shown IDJ and BE the inspiration ring and asked for as low as possible?

For settings, I prefer to deal with Chris at BE and Yekutiel at IDJ.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi tyty!

I'm looking at 10 pointers. I spoke with IDJ and they cannot adjust the 2.5mm height. Chris confirmed with the CAD/CAST team that going to ten pointers would not meet a 2mm requirement (they would have to be 0.65 pointers to meet the 2mm) . So both would be 2.5 mm. The Whitney basket setting is normally 2.8mm but the bench said 2.5mm is doable. BE also sends the band prior to setting.

PintoBean- I tend to like 18k for my pieces. So your right I need to have IDJ give me a quote for a better comparison. Yes I asked for as low as possible, and attached a picture. The picture showed a open basket which BE could do for aesthetic purposes, IDJ would be closed, either way does not deter me.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
IDJ sent over a profile picture 2.3mm to be exact. The quote was only $100 more for 18k.

_1055.png

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both IDJ and BE.
I would check with them both the return policy for the ring - is the ring returnable? within what period? If not, can you exchange it? Is the ring upgradeable in the future?

If both are similar in that regard, then I would go with the cheaper one :dance:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks PintoBean!

I sent an email off the both vendors inquiring about their return policy. I do like that BE sends me the ring prior to setting as well. :wavey:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
All things equal, non refundable, exchangeable and upgradable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results