shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Ring - Size Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlp108

Rough_Rock
Hi. I''m engaged and recently got an eternity channel set diamond band set in platinum as my wedding ring. The ring was originally custom made for someone who was a size 4; however, they had to return the ring to the jeweller as their wedding was called off. My jeweler thought I''d be a good fit and sized me to a 4.5. After wearing it a bit, it was clearly too tight, and I had to get it upsized again, now to a 5. There was a lot of metal in the inside so it was possible to shave it off.

My problem is that while it fits well on the finger, it is still very hard to get off my knuckle - ie., will only come off with soap and water. I think I am probably closer to a 5.5 I am concerned about what will happen in the summer months when the fingers naturally swell. I don''t know if it will be possible to upsize it anymore - or if I should just accept that it will be tough to take off. I only plan on taking it off once a day, but still, it bothers me that it needs soap and water to get off.

Any thoughts - ideas? Should I try to get it upsized about another 1/4 or keep it as is, or trade it in for something else closer to my size. I''m not talking a big difference, but the pain getting it off the knuckle bothers me. I''m not used to wearing rings, so I guess I don''t know what level of tightness is "normal."

Any advice is appreciated.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome. It would totally bother me to not be able to get a ring on and off easily. i''d probably return it for something that is closer to your size. no ring is going to fit perfect 100% of the time but it should be comfortable to wear in the summer and maybe a little loose in the winter. the ring you have sounds like it''s too tight but I probably wouldn''t have them mess with trying to size it again. what does your jeweler say?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree with mrss. trade it. it doesn''t sound like it can be safely sized any more. if it''s too tight now, it will be even worse in the summer. a ring should be looser in the winter (but not fall off) and yet roomy enough for that not so fun, inevitable summer swelling.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d trade it for something closer to your size. They''ve already thinned it out from inside and honestly it''s gone up 2 sizes already - I wouldn''t press your luck at this point.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Eternity rings are beautiful, the size issue is there only downfall
7.gif
I agree with the others, taking it off with soap and water everyday is a PAIN! I also wouldn''t try and size it bigger...your jeweler shouldn''t have (if they did) talk you into the ring, if it was obviously too small! Best of luck!

tlp108

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input. I knew it didn''t make sense that I''d have to use soap and water and injure my knuckle every time to get it off. I had a good resolution, however. I wasn''t too pleased with the original jeweler - I agree the ring was not sized properly for me and I was overall not happy with how they handled it. I was ready to trade it in if necessary but first wanted to get a second opinion. So I did some research and found another jeweler - who was highly recommended on PS and has a very good reputation from other people on the forum. Luckily, for a tiny fee, they were able to shave just a bit more off without compromising the stones or beauty of the ring. It fits very well now - spins just a tad, but again, that doesn''t bother me. It''s much better that than being unable to take it off and on and battering my poor knuckle.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad it worked out for you tlp. enjoy your new ring!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! GLad it got fixed for you. Enjoy the ring pain free now!!

DBM

Shiny_Rock
I''d be curious to see a pic of it now that it''s been all shaved off from the inside and gone 2 sizes up... if you should just happen to have one on hand :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results