shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity ring advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sgoehle

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I need some advice and, if possible, some pictures. I am thinking of buying an eternity ring to wear with my yellow gold wedding ring which is quite wide (a little over 1 cm.) I am wondering whether a channel set would be more comfortable that some of the others I have seen photos of here on Pricescope? Also, would a smaller width ring or wider be better? Do any of you wear very wide bands with eternity rings? I must apologize for not having pictures but my camera is not up to the task, I''m afraid. Any advice would be appreciated, Lady Asterbilt

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should just try to go and try on the different style''s with your e-ring to see which you prefer. there are many beautiful combonations, have the bands the same width, one smaller on larger etc. and only you can know which you like on your hand
1.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I would go out window shopping and try a bunch of different kinds on. Enjoy!
1.gif

sgoehle

Rough_Rock
That sounds like fun, of course I''ll try that. I have tried on one channel set ring, but never the other type, where the stones are more exposed. Do you find they irritate your fingers? And what is the best way to keep them clean? At the moment I am using half ammonia and half water daily. Is there any problem with that? Do you know any links to photos of eternity bands with wide bands? Thanks so much, Lady A

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out signedpieces.com for a ton of eternity band sizes and prices.

also, you might consider and ultrasonic cleaner for a deep cleaning. you can do a search on ultrasonic and find a bunch of threads..

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 10:57:32 AM
Author: Lady Asterbilt
That sounds like fun, of course I''ll try that. I have tried on one channel set ring, but never the other type, where the stones are more exposed. Do you find they irritate your fingers? And what is the best way to keep them clean? At the moment I am using half ammonia and half water daily. Is there any problem with that? Do you know any links to photos of eternity bands with wide bands? Thanks so much, Lady A
No, they don''t irritate at all. I have an ultrasonic cleaner, but honestly every other morning or so after I brush my teeth I brush my ring all around up and under the diamonds (hey, I''m all about efficiency, lol).

sgoehle

Rough_Rock
I''m glad to hear that they don''t irritate your fingers. Actually it seems pretty absurd to complain about DIAMONDS irritating you, but honestly a twirling ring or a rubbing one can really drive you crazy. Which leads me to another question.....I am thinking of upgrading to a larger stone in my wedding ring, replacing my 1.03 ct in a half bezel setting. I really love the half bezel setting. But I dearly love my little 1 ct guy so I thought of having it set in a 6 prong simple setting for my right hand. But I''m afraid the prong setting will drive me bonkers. Any thoughts? Lady A

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''d make it into a pendant.

sgoehle

Rough_Rock
What an interesting idea. I''ll think about that.Now I have a new quest! Thanks for the new direction. Lady A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results