shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Pendant - Melee Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chewie

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!

I''ve been looking and researching for a diamond eternity pendant for my fiance and I''ve got a few questions. It would appear as though pricing, sizing and melee stone quality is EXTREMELY variable with such an item.

I''m trying to find one as close to (or under ) $400 as possible. I''ve considered this one:

http://donnatsjewelry.com/product_info.php?cPath=65&products_id=1777&osCsid=195851f7b0b08352aa283eae19621ae5

But, I also spoke with GOG (they''re VERY patient with me and a great help!) and they have a pendant similar in diameter to the "Donna T" one but it is .45cttw size and is quite a bit more money (attached pic)

Perhaps the difference lies in the melee''s "performance" but how much variability can melee stones have?

I''m just trying to determine what differentiates a cheap B&M version from a reputable online (GOG, naturally) version assuming that the melee color and clarity are identical (are melee stones graded on cut?).

Geesh! And I thought the engagement ring and wedding band was tough

MGXMAS2006GOG.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I received this oval shaped one in January for my birthday. It has .81 total carats of ideal cut diamonds. I''ve compared it to some of my older jewelry with diamond melee stones that were not as well cut and the difference in sparkle is very apparent. Now is this a big deal for everyone - no. Not everyone cares, but if you really compare an eternity pendant with well cut stones to just an average mall store bargain piece you WILL see a difference and to me it was worth the extra money.

outdoorpend2.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I do agree that you can see a difference in high quality melee. My e-ring is done with WF's ACAs and those little suckers sparkle like crazy. Low quality melee just look dead to me, and worse they don't even look like real diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results