shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snoutcafe

Rough_Rock
I am looking at eternity bands and have found one that is princess cut diamonds, channel set, which I like very much. However, I do not care for the sides of it, to me it looks like a washer, used in plumbing. Then at Asprey I saw a similar ring with brilliants on the sides, is this a style anyone has seen anywhere but Asprey? And does it weaken the ring by having diamonds on the sides? Additionally, white gold vs. platinum???

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The ring style you are referring to is called a "pipe cut band" because the sides do look just like a slab of pipe... Most eternity and anniversary bands are made with this style of band because it allows the ring to fit up snugly with most other rings... The style you are referring to is not uncommon, many of us have access to that style of ring. Does it look like this:

eternityring_princess.gif

Please note that we will not quote this item on this forum, but you can contact any one of the more popular PS vendors who frequent this forum for a quote. They will need to know the "exact" finger size of the person who will be wearing the ring in order to provide you with an accurate quote.

One word of caution, these rings can not be re-sized without removing a diamond and major alteration... Most people experience changes in their ring size during their adult lives, so an anniversary ring with the diamonds going halfway or three quarters around the ring may be a better choice unless you're willing to shell out a bunch of money some day down the road to have the ring re-made to the new size...

snoutcafe

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your prompt response. I will not be wearing the ring with any others, so it will stand alone. Therefore, I really don't like looking at those pipe sides. Are you familiar with rings like this, but ones that have diamonds on the sides as well, which would cover the pipe sides? As for the weight gain/loss issue, I am not going to worry about that, maybe this will prevent me from gaining! ha! Thanks again, and if you can help with the diamonds on the sides, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results