shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Bands for Old Ladies?

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I've got your attention. Do any young women (late 20s-early 30s) women here wear eternity bands? Please share if you do. I wear mine with a gold wedding band that my husband gave me. Here's a picture of it up close n personal. It's an asscher eternity band and I absolutely love it.
image_1088.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in my early forties. FYI.

But I always wonder if items like an eternity band aren't usually seen on younger women because well... they cost a lot. And most younger women have an engagement ring, are planning a wedding, and have smaller kids. So, they aren't really in a position to blow a lot of money on something that replaces their traditional wedding set.

That said, I am not personally a fan of eternity bands. I'd rather have larger stone across the top of my fingers than smaller ones all around.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! :wavey:
Love your eternity btw!
I agree with Gypsy. Also I personally think that full eternities are harder to wear as every day rings and so I think they may not be the first ring someone buys. I know some people wear them all the time, this is only my honest opinion. I would guess the full eternity is mostly bought as an anniversary present and as an occasional-wear ring. Please dont misunderstand me, I am a huge fan of full eternity bands! They are gorgeous!
I wear a half eternity asscher band every day paired with a gold band! Absolutely love it!

_5815.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm turning 40 next year and I don't think I would wear a full eternity ever. I do like the look but I'm getting married in 3 1/2 weeks (yay!) and the hunt for the right wedding band has made me realise how much I need a band to sit flat or very low profile between my fingers - I type a lot. Plus I can't imagine having diamonds on the palm-side of my hand without them getting damaged really easily.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Caribbeanbridetobe, I LOVE your asscher eternity band. :love: Gorgeous and elegant. :love:

I wore a full eternity from when we were married until my 40s. Now that I am an "old" lady I don't but that's because with my ER now I prefer a simple engraved platinum band or my simple eternity with suisse cut diamonds. However until I changed to MRB ER to an OEC ER I happily wore an MRB shared prong eternity band.

Anything goes re bling and age doesn't matter when it comes to this issue IMO. It's all about what you can wear comfortably and how it looks with your ER or whatever ring you are wearing it with if that's how you are wearing it.

The reason I prefer eternity bands in general (over partial eternity bands etc) is that I am a bit OCD and the turning of a partial eternity causing it not to be lined up properly would drive me nuts I think so that is why if going for a band with stones I prefer a full eternity.

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
I am 31 and will get the biggest eternity band I can afford for my wedding band. LOL

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm 47, and received my eternity band (a channel set 2.4mm platinum and round diamond T&Co) for our 10th anniversary. I wanted one that I could wear daily without worrying about it all the time, so we chose a channel set. I never had a wedding band from my husband, and this one works beautifully with my solitaire as the shank is just slightly thicker.

With an active lifestyle (4 kids, 4 dogs, a horse, and our hobby is restoration of cars), a larger eternity with shared prongs would be a disastrous choice for me. Plus I'm very comfort oriented...if it feels like sticks between my fingers, I'm not wearing it. My eternity may be very small compared to a lot of the ladies here, but it's very comfortable and pretty much bomb (more like staffordshire and horse) proof! :naughty:

_38221.jpg

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I'm 36, and have worn a (small, channel set) eternity since getting married at 30. I see a lot of narrow pavé eternities as wedding bands in my circle.

In terms of bigger eternities, the only person I know who wears one dialy is in her late 20s. She also has a giant EC engagement ring and big studs, I am eternally envious of her jewelry :)

But no, I don't think eternities are old lady, at all!

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Thanks for all of the replies :) loved reading everybody's thoughts.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is gorgeous!! What is the total carat weight? (Tcw)

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1473848766|4076304 said:
Hi Caribbeanbridetobe, I LOVE your asscher eternity band. :love: Gorgeous and elegant. :love:

I wore a full eternity from when we were married until my 40s. Now that I am an "old" lady I don't but that's because with my ER now I prefer a simple engraved platinum band or my simple eternity with suisse cut diamonds. However until I changed to MRB ER to an OEC ER I happily wore an MRB shared prong eternity band.

Anything goes re bling and age doesn't matter when it comes to this issue IMO. It's all about what you can wear comfortably and how it looks with your ER or whatever ring you are wearing it with if that's how you are wearing it.

The reason I prefer eternity bands in general (over partial eternity bands etc) is that I am a bit OCD and the turning of a partial eternity causing it not to be lined up properly would drive me nuts I think so that is why if going for a band with stones I prefer a full eternity.

Thank you so much :) I am in love with it too. Especially when it is nice, clean, n sparkly!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see eternities on all ages. Just a personal preference.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since I'm an old lady (58) & wear an eternity band, I had to pop in out of lurkdom :bigsmile: . I wear mine plain, by itself. Only rarely with a smaller band.

img_12699.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarah I love that. What size stones on what size finger?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
caribbeanbridetobe|1473893186|4076614 said:

Your ring is gorgeous!! What is the total carat weight? (Tcw)

Thank you! :wavey:
It has nine stones, 0.11 ct each, so close to 1 tcw. For some reason the ring never spins even though it is several sizes bigger than my finger. Have no idea why. Maybe has something to do with the weight of the stones vs gold... I assume gold is heavier than diamonds. :read: Oh well.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OP, I LOVE your asscher eternity! I'm 31 and do not/will not get an eternity even though I think they're beautiful. :love: I'm just too paranoid about inability to size and damaging stones on the palm side of my hand. Oh, and I don't like the feeling of diamonds/prongs between my fingers (probably bc they're really skinny and bony!), so I like to keep everything on the top-side! However, I know several girls my age who wear them. Two chose ultra thin eternities as their WB, and another has a large eternity as her e-ring. Personally, my blingy band is a 2ct 5-stone I received for our 5th anniversary as I had originally wanted a 5 stone as my e-ring.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 43. I wear a partial eternity because I can't stomach grabbing something with diamonds :oops: :oops: :oops:

img_4982__0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results