shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band

Ch176

Rough_Rock
Hello!
I‘m fairly knowledgeable about earth mined diamonds but LG is all new to me. I’m looking to get a 6-7 Ct eternity, with amazing cut/sparkle (rounds). Any suggestions on who to work with? James Allen is the only vendor I can find with an standard purchase option……has anyone gotten an eternity band from them? TY!

also, is there any resale value for LG? I’m prone to trading up/in…..

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
IDJ if you ask for PS quality diamonds. I’ve sold some of my lab diamond pieces to PS-ers. Unless you get something for a really good price or have something unique that someone else really wants, you’re going to take a large hit whether you go mined or lab.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
IDJ if you ask for PS quality diamonds. I’ve sold some of my lab diamond pieces to PS-ers. Unless you get something for a really good price or have something unique that someone else really wants, you’re going to take a large hit whether you go mined or lab.

Thanks! I’ve worked with IDJ before. They have LG now? Or are you suggesting them for mined?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I‘m fairly knowledgeable about earth mined diamonds but LG is all new to me. I’m looking to get a 6-7 Ct eternity, with amazing cut/sparkle (rounds). Any suggestions on who to work with? James Allen is the only vendor I can find with an standard purchase option……has anyone gotten an eternity band from them? TY!

also, is there any resale value for LG? I’m prone to trading up/in…..

@Ch176 I’d reach out to David Klass. He is currently making me an east/west channel set baguette eternity. He is having the stones custom cut. I think his price is more than reasonable and his pieces are amazing. Good luck!

Ch176

Rough_Rock
I have one from James Allen. It’s gorgeous.

Did you order it from the standard offering or need to work with them on a special order? I’m feeling lazy and just want to click the button on their ordering page but am unsure of the cut quality

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Did you order it from the standard offering or need to work with them on a special order? I’m feeling lazy and just want to click the button on their ordering page but am unsure of the cut quality

Standard lab grown eternity band. I’ll have to take pictures.

MightyDucks

Rough_Rock
Not sure how much phosphorescene bothers you or not. If it does I would avoid JA and go with a vendor who vets lab diamonds for phosphorescene and blue hues. This was a 7 stone purchased from JA which i noticed a blueish hue immediately comparing to my other diamonds. The glow is not from in direct sunlight but just normal indoor lighting walking around the house. I reached out to JA and they told me they don’t check for phosphorescene or blue hues and couldn’t guarantee me an exchange would avoid it. I returned it and am currently ordering one through with clarity. They are amazing to work with and knew exactly what phosphorescene is over the phone and assured me none of the lab diamonds would have it or any blue hues. They price matched the previous JA sale and are custom making the same JA setting in platinum.

Attachments

• 4CD098D3-C1A0-40AE-BF5D-8B99FC38E679.jpeg
    4CD098D3-C1A0-40AE-BF5D-8B99FC38E679.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 100

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
1CA2B501-19E7-42D5-A256-14023C9D72C7.jpeg 5018F9E2-051F-4CFE-A7EE-AA87C1CB1B08.jpeg

My eternity from James Allen.

I personally had a bad experience with With Clarity so you will get good and bad experiences from every vendor. James Allen has an excellent return policy. With Clarity doesn’t stand by their products in my experience.

MightyDucks

Rough_Rock
1CA2B501-19E7-42D5-A256-14023C9D72C7.jpeg 5018F9E2-051F-4CFE-A7EE-AA87C1CB1B08.jpeg

I personally had a bad experience with With Clarity so you will get good and bad experiences from every vendor. James Allen has an excellent return policy. With Clarity doesn’t stand by their products in my experience.

So far my experience has been great. They seem very knowledgeable about lab diamonds compared to my talk with JA management. I will find out soon! Does your eternity band glow in the dark? I would of loved to stay with JA if they could assure me none of the stones would glow in the dark.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
Not sure how much phosphorescene bothers you or not. If it does I would avoid JA and go with a vendor who vets lab diamonds for phosphorescene and blue hues. This was a 7 stone purchased from JA which i noticed a blueish hue immediately comparing to my other diamonds. The glow is not from in direct sunlight but just normal indoor lighting walking around the house. I reached out to JA and they told me they don’t check for phosphorescene or blue hues and couldn’t guarantee me an exchange would avoid it. I returned it and am currently ordering one through with clarity. They are amazing to work with and knew exactly what phosphorescene is over the phone and assured me none of the lab diamonds would have it or any blue hues. They price matched the previous JA sale and are custom making the same JA setting in platinum.
Interesting! I’ve always found phosph in mined diamonds to be a cool characteristic as long as it’s not impacting performance. I wonder if phos is more likely to occur in LG diamonds and if so why. I would not mind it as long as it’s not impacting performance or ‘credibility’

Ch176

Rough_Rock

Lovely! Thanks for the pics. Have you noticed any phos?

MightyDucks

Rough_Rock
Interesting! I’ve always found phosph in mined diamonds to be a cool characteristic as long as it’s not impacting performance. I wonder if phos is more likely to occur in LG diamonds and if so why. I would not mind it as long as it’s not impacting performance or ‘credibility’

Its more common in HTHP lab grown diamonds. Its boron impurities causing the blue tint and phosphorescene. Some are even semi-conductors of electricity. The gem academy has a fantastic analysis on it if you ever want to delve into it. Its extremely rare in natural diamonds so not as common. I probably wouldn’t of been as bothered by the phosphorescene if it wasn’t for the blue tint/hue of the stones that looked unnatural to me.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
Its more common in HTHP lab grown diamonds. Its boron impurities causing the blue tint and phosphorescene. Some are even semi-conductors of electricity. The gem academy has a fantastic analysis on it if you ever want to delve into it. Its extremely rare in natural diamonds so not as common. I probably wouldn’t of been as bothered by the phosphorescene if it wasn’t for the blue tint/hue of the stones that looked unnatural to me.

Very interesting! I will definitely look into it. I too would not want stones that appeared unnatural. I’m already a bit skeptical of LG but they seem to have so much backing now, and I love that they are conflict free and more sustainable, so I’m giving them a try.

MightyDucks

Rough_Rock
Very interesting! I will definitely look into it. I too would not want stones that appeared unnatural. I’m already a bit skeptical of LG but they seem to have so much backing now, and I love that they are conflict free and more sustainable, so I’m giving them a try.

I will say my HTHP GCAL 8X lab diamond for my engagement ring is breathtaking and has zero blue tint or hues. There is also zero glow in the dark. I had a natural WF A Cut Above for 10 years so was skeptical of lab diamonds at first but once I saw my GCAL 8X it all changed. The lab diamonds just need to be vetted first.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Jon with Distinctive Gems could absolutely do this for you with ideal cut lab grown diamonds - slightly more pricey but all the stones are vetted. He can even custom cut them for you, and he only uses CVD diamonds to the best of my knowledge.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results