shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band issues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
H

hlpkaixin3344

Hey, I have a question about eternity bands.

I have been looking at one with princess cut diamonds in a channel setting.

My questions are :

1. Shall we leave a small spacing at the bottom? Some have said that we shoudl for resizing purposes, but I have also heard that it will not help much. Another issue is that, is it comfortable to have diamonds right at the bottom? Will I feel the stones, and will it be subjected to more tear & wear?

2. Will it look akward to have a small space at the bottom as the ring may spin? We are having it custom made so I don''t really get to see the whole picture.

3. The jeweller informed that there will be no metal at the back, so can you actually feel the stones? They will be around 3 pointers.

Thanks in advance!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 1:57:24 AM
Author:celine

1. Shall we leave a small spacing at the bottom? Some have said that we shoudl for resizing purposes, but I have also heard that it will not help much. Another issue is that, is it comfortable to have diamonds right at the bottom? Will I feel the stones, and will it be subjected to more tear & wear?

2. Will it look akward to have a small space at the bottom as the ring may spin? We are having it custom made so I don''t really get to see the whole picture.

3. The jeweller informed that there will be no metal at the back, so can you actually feel the stones? They will be around 3 pointers.

1.gif

1. that''s up to you. most will say to leave a small space. I love the idea of a full eternity so I personally wouldn''t leave the space but that is up to you. It will be harder to size so if you do choose to go with a full eternity maybe have it made a quarter of a size big for a little room to grow. the diamonds at the bottom will be suffer more wear and tear.

2. sizing bars/spaces usually are pretty small and on the bottom. rings don''t usually spin that much, no one will know it''s there but you. rings that spin and you see metal are usually 5 stones or half eternity bands. 3/4 bands or almost full bands don''t usually have the problem IMO.

3. is the jeweler leaving holes on the inside? that is normal and some folks prefer them so you can clean the diamonds better from underneath.

hope that helps!

C

celine

Thanks for the reply!
35.gif

Anyway, yes, he is going to leave those cleaning holes like you mentioned. Will I feel the stones? I''m afraid that it will be uncomfortable.

Another question is how do they set the stones in? Will they fall out??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results