shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity band HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a really gorgeous shared pronged eternity band, made of nice emerald cuts (E/G, VS). Lately my fingers have been swollen and my knuckles enlarged, this has been going on for months and months. I cannot ream the ring out, and went to my jeweler today to see about adding another stone of like quality. I only need the ring up one size, and he thinks that will add two. (each stone is .75). I like the setting, it is a shared prong in platinum, so I do not want to add metal in between each stone, nor do I want a channel setting. I am upset because I feel I cannot wear it now, it gets so tight my finger feels as if it is strangling, so I must do something. Any thoughts?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie...I realize this is sort of a sensitive question...but for health reasons I ask why are your fingers swelling larger over months of time? Has your diet changed? More sodium perhaps? Are you in a different climate? (Is there anyway we just can re-size you
6.gif
instead of the precious platinum eternity ring?
2.gif
) I hope that made you giggle and not cry. Just concerned for you...really...you OK? §

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
DKS, you''re so silly.

Diamondfan, I am wondering the same thing as DKS - swelling can be a side effect of a number of things increased sodium is what comes to mind, as that will make you retain water and be a little swollen in the fingers and sometimes feet and ankles (my sister experiences this) - hopefully all is well... gosh, I know after 12 years with DH my fingers are up .25 - .50 in size... I wish that was all my hips and waist went up LOL... but, nuh uh. By the way, your ring sounds absolutely lovely... I''m going to go searching to see if there are pics hiding someplace.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is an offshoot of my fibromyalgia and some joint issues. It is not going away, even though I try to drink a lot of fluids. I have been trying to avoid doing this, but the ring is just unwearable now. I think there should be some photos somewhere if you feel like browsing!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondfan, I''m sorry you''re having this trouble. I would add another stone and keep the shared prong setting. Considering how humid our climate can be and the way fingers swell in humidity, it isn''t a bad idea to have some wriggle room. Once the ring is larger, you could keep your fingers slightly bent when you wear it on non-humid days.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Crap, that sux! One solution is that you could send it to me.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
What size is it?

Kidding aside, I have a similar problem with my knuckles - the fingers are skinny but the knuckles are slowly enlarging - hence the arthritic shanks [which, unfortunately don''t work for full eternity rings]. I would just add another stone as MB suggested because it sounds like eventually you will need the additional size. In the meantime, you may want to put in a few sizing beads to impede it from slipping off.

Or - you could temporarily turn it into two half eternity bands [perhaps with arthritic shanks] until you need the full 2 size increase.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having it reset. I need to add one .75 carat stone, and remake the platinum mounting. I actually like the new mounting better, as it has an openness on the sides and my other one did not. One stone had a tiny chip and needs to be repolished. It will take about three weeks and cost $5500.00, but honestly, the ring will sit in my jewelry box otherwise so I have no choice. This is not so much a weight thing, I can feel it in my joints. My actual fingers are long and thin. Just picked up my e ring, I had Tiffany''s size it up about half a size. My left ring finger is a bit less big in the knuckle, and since it is a thin shank underneath the fit is different than a wide band. I will add photos of the new setting if Kaleigh and I ever get around to the shoot, which I am sure we will soon!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan, sorry to hear you''re having this trouble. I''m really glad that you''re going to have the ring reset so you can wear it though. Nothing sadder than a stunning piece that can''t be worn (especially ECs, my personal diamond fetish!).

I hope you enjoy the ring and that you post pics of it! I dream of an ec eternity band to match my ering. One of these days, eh?

Jen

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you are having such trouble, hoping you feel better soon. I''m glad you decided to add another stone, and look forward to seeing the new setting. Loved your old one, so am sure I''ll adore the new one. After next week I am free. Ash goes back to school. We''ve been having a blast.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad to hear you are having the ring reset, too! It would be terrible for such a beautiful ring to sit in a jewelry box!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
An eternity ring like yours is too beautiful and special not to be worn and I'm so glad that your jeweler is remaking it for you.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks guys. I do love it, the jeweler said they were nice stones and sparkled well, and the only choice was to remake the entire thing. Diamond and platinum prices are always going up it seems, and I hate to spend that on something I own already but cannot wear it otherwise. My finger would just swell so much it was squeezing it so tight.

Lisa, as soon as you have some time let me know! I will be around except for some small trips here and there, so for sure we can make time!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Urse! If you look at the photo where you can see the side, you see the metal is not open in any way, but it is more solid. My new setting will be open a bit on the sides, for a lighter look. I have a photo from the jeweler with the actual setting he will be making, it is one of his promo books, but do not know how to scan it into my computer and upload it here.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring diamondfan!! I must have missed the original thread on this beauty, but I am glad you are able to have a larger band with the original stones!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with knuckle and finger swelling.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to seeing your new and improved band!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
OMG Diamondfan, that has to be the ultimate diamond eternity ring! Words fail me!

Yes, I can see why you''d want to be able to wear it. I can''t begin to imagine the look in real life, but now I have something new to aspire to!
9.gif

Stunning!

Jen

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I saw how dirty the stones were in the photos, I am a bit embarrassed about it, but hey, new shots will definitely be with clean stones. I do love and wear it, and am missing it a bit. It will seem like getting it all over again once I pick it up!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I''m all excited for you! I had my rb eternity band sized down last year and like you, I had to have it remade. It was like getting a new ring and I''m in love with it all over again!

Can''t wait to see your handshots!

Jen

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Glad you found a solution that worked for you. I look forward to seeing your "new" ring!

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so excited, I cannot wait the three weeks it will take! Hope it comes out the way I want it to!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
LOL! 3 weeks it torture for something like this!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

I can''t wait to see your new ring. Please post pictures, as soon as you get it back. I bet it will be even more beautiful than it already is
30.gif

Linda

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan...this is off topic, but have you posted pics of your new tennis bracelet? I wouldn''t want to miss your newest beauty!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, I was waiting to do the photos with Kaleigh all at once if possible...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I am sorry that your Fibromyalgia is giving you trouble, I hope that you are feeling as well as you can!

Your ring is beautiful, one of the most beautiful eternity rings I have seen! I am sure that the new setting will be gorgeous, and I look forward to your pictures!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My jeweler called and the ring should be there today or tomorrow! I am so excited to have it back. Just have felt finger nakedness since late December!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Oh oh oh! I''ve been waiting for this post! I think I might actually be almost as excited to see this back on your finger as you are LOL!

I sooo love ECs and this band is just to die for. Pics as soon as you have it back please!

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results