shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Band - Half or 3/4 band?

abarboza

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was hoping to get some help from you guys to find a wedding band to go with my engagement ring.

Here is the thing, I love eternity bands - but I think the full eternity band is not for me. I yoyo in weight (go from around a 7 to a 7.5 or 6.5 sz) and then the ring feels bulky against my finger, but I still want the look. So here is what I'm hoping to find.

Wedding Band Wishlist Stats
Ring Type:
Eternity band - 1/2 to 3/4 way eternity band size - not full eternity
Budget: Maybe no more than 4k?
Diamond Type: Natural or Lab Created - but good quality
Diamond Shape: Round. I'm open to other looks. I've seen some pretty oval-shaped ones but not pair with a round diamond.
CT Weight: Maybe anywhere from 1 to 1.5 CT? I'm attaching pics of the ring/look I love, but it's a FULL eternity...so I'm thinking maybe I can get away with 1.5 CT in a half band or so?
Current Ring Setting: https://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-...iamond-Basket-Engagement-Setting/Platinum/179 paired with a 2.82 F lab-grown diamond. Should be getting here next week. I just hope it pairs well with a diamond wedding bad.

Also, is there anywhere where I can see eternity bands PAIRED with other rings. Every time I find them, it's just by themselves or people take pics of them and separate the bands, so I can't see if they rings sit together. :( Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Overall, what places do you recommend to get a good quality half or 3/4 eternity band? Also, are there any reputable companies that make them with lab-grown diamond maybe? Also, maybe a company that doesn't take weeks to create it and make them. Im worried about not liking it and then having to return it and wedding is November 1st :)

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!!!!!!! 2022-09-11_16-09-52.png 2022-09-11_16-10-03.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Charles & Colvard.

David Klass Jewelry can make you a custom band using lab diamonds as well.

And some inspiration photos.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
I just got a 7ct eternity from Jon at Distinctive Gem. The stones are amazing.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'll let the others address where to get the rings because they will have good ideas. But I have yo yo issues as well. So honestly I might suggest 2 rings. One at your highest size maybe with sizing beads for if you go back down a bit? And one closer to your lower size because I had a situation where I wanted to resize my black diamond band by half a size. My jeweller said they would not do it more than one time so I needed to be positive about the size because it would weaken it too much to keep doing it over and over. So I've left it alone for when I eventually go back down to a 6.5 and I just got a new ring sized up to an extremely roomy 9. Which is wayyy bigger than my current size (7.5) for stacking space and overall extra comfort.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I'll let the others address where to get the rings because they will have good ideas. But I have yo yo issues as well. So honestly I might suggest 2 rings. One at your highest size maybe with sizing beads for if you go back down a bit? And one closer to your lower size because I had a situation where I wanted to resize my black diamond band by half a size. My jeweller said they would not do it more than one time so I needed to be positive about the size because it would weaken it too much to keep doing it over and over. So I've left it alone for when I eventually go back down to a 6.5 and I just got a new ring sized up to an extremely roomy 9. Which is wayyy bigger than my current size (7.5) for stacking space and overall extra comfort.

That’s why I have lots of bands! I’m a yo-yo. Plus getting pregnant. First one when I got married in 1990 was new…all the rest were pre-loved!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen a few 7/8 (?) eternity bands where there's just a small band of metal that can be left for adjusting if you did have your heart set on a full eternity. You still might be limited as to how often you can adjust it though so I like the idea of getting two rings. Your bank balance may not though!

I used to think a full eternity was a waste of stones as you only get to see the top side, but I bit the bullet and got a 1ctw full eternity (mined stones) and fell in love. You don't realise how much sparkle you get from the palm side and there is a luxe feel about them for sure. I only wear it on special occasions however so I'm thinking of getting a half eternity at some point for more casual wear. The palm side really does get a rough treatment.

James Allen has some very nice anniversary rings (7-9 stones) which might satisfy your half eternity needs: https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-anniversary/

Ch176

Rough_Rock
I've seen a few 7/8 (?) eternity bands where there's just a small band of metal that can be left for adjusting if you did have your heart set on a full eternity. You still might be limited as to how often you can adjust it though so I like the idea of getting two rings. Your bank balance may not though!

I used to think a full eternity was a waste of stones as you only get to see the top side, but I bit the bullet and got a 1ctw full eternity (mined stones) and fell in love. You don't realise how much sparkle you get from the palm side and there is a luxe feel about them for sure. I only wear it on special occasions however so I'm thinking of getting a half eternity at some point for more casual wear. The palm side really does get a rough treatment.

James Allen has some very nice anniversary rings (7-9 stones) which might satisfy your half eternity needs: https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-anniversary/

Second this about full eternity. I love having the diamonds all the way around! Mine is about half size bigger than my ‘normal’ band size. I got sized at a local store and when she told me what it was I thought it was going to be too big but it’s not. My finger fluctuates in size throughout the day so the bit extra in sizing accommodates that. Be sure to account for width of band when sizing…..skinny bands don’t need as much extra sizing as a wide band does.

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I suggest you get inexpensive tester bands. I found eternity band if you size it too big, it gets really uncomfortable between fingers, and looks funny. Mine is my ring finger size, still I found it not most comfortable with the stones between fingers. But is it very pretty to look at, 360 degree, beauty at a cost. So I personally would do either full eternity all the way or just diamonds on the top (5 stone or 7 stone) for comfort, and still very pretty from the top. My 2 cents.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer half eternity, I just don’t find anything else comfortable, plus I actually damaged a full eternity, so wouldn’t have one again. I also wouldn’t pay money for stones nobody sees (on the underside). I’ve never had an issue with a half eternity spinning.

Here’s my new band, the finger coverage is more than enough for me.

1716A615-48F5-41E0-9721-D1E4066AB3BE.jpeg

abarboza

Rough_Rock
Try Charles & Colvard.

David Klass Jewelry can make you a custom band using lab diamonds as well.

And some inspiration photos.

Thank you. I had never heard of Charles & Colvard before.

Oh my!!!!!!!!!! It didn't even occur to me to have two bands! I am worried about the band moving around and metal showing and debating ould get whether I should get the full eternity. I was so focused on only having one band and not two - lol....I can even have two different looks if I end up with two. Or maybe get me something that I fit now and when it doesn't fit, then get a second one hahahah

Ya'll are bad bad bad influence and I freaking LOVE it!!!!! More diamonds!

abarboza

Rough_Rock
I prefer half eternity, I just don’t find anything else comfortable, plus I actually damaged a full eternity, so wouldn’t have one again. I also wouldn’t pay money for stones nobody sees (on the underside). I’ve never had an issue with a half eternity spinning.

Here’s my new band, the finger coverage is more than enough for me.

1716A615-48F5-41E0-9721-D1E4066AB3BE.jpeg

Beautiful rings!!!! I love them!!!! See, I was worried about the ring spinning. I'm glad to hear yours doesn't spin. It just occurred to me that if it does spin...duh I can have the ring resized to be a bit snugger and it wont spin. Now, though I still don't mind getting two bands to alternate looks LOL

abarboza

Rough_Rock

You guys are like the devil temping me.... and I LOVVEEEEEE it....I'm about to buy the James Allen as a backup. What I like is that it's available NOW and I don't have to wait. Custom-made is nice,..but man the waiting sucks.... I also realized that I think I'm more of a cushion cut kind of girl...but with that price on JA...I'll take round!!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the 3/4- I find half bands shift and I prefer not to see metal as well. The idea for a couple of bands is a good idea, especially if you don’t like the bulk of a loose band.
My solitaire is smaller than yours (2.14 carats) but since I have a 1.5 carat 3/4 eternity band and similar finger size (6.5), I thought this might help.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are like the devil temping me.... and I LOVVEEEEEE it....I'm about to buy the James Allen as a backup. What I like is that it's available NOW and I don't have to wait. Custom-made is nice,..but man the waiting sucks.... I also realized that I think I'm more of a cushion cut kind of girl...but with that price on JA...I'll take round!!

Nice!! They are well priced I feel and I have ordered the lab tennis bracelet and studs from JA with zero issues. Hope you enjoy it until you find someone else that works :D

abarboza

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness...so I pulled the trigger on JA.:mrgreen2: and did some heavy shopping, I noticed that if you signed up for the sweepstake, they will give you 25%. I thought I had to wait longer. I almost screamed.

So, I got the low dome eternity band in both 3CT and 4CT lol

And also the 7 stone ring as well....

I got $2,871 off and they come on Friday!!! So I don't have to wait AND can return whatever I don't like. Wedding is November 1 and we leave for Maui October 29th, so I was having major anxiety about not having a band.

I had literally crossed off JA off my head since my lab center stone diamond was much cheaper at another place. So I thought they were overpriced....but I now have to eat my own words LOL..

love me some JA now hahahaha

I can't wait til Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness...so I pulled the trigger on JA.:mrgreen2: and did some heavy shopping, I noticed that if you signed up for the sweepstake, they will give you 25%. I thought I had to wait longer. I almost screamed.

I got $2,871 off and they come on Friday!!! So I don't have to wait AND can return whatever I don't like. Wedding is November 1 and we leave for Maui October 29th, so I was having major anxiety about not having a band.

I had literally crossed off JA off my head since my lab center stone diamond was much cheaper at another place. So I thought they were overpriced....but I now have to eat my own words LOL..

Awesome, you got some great bands! Hope one of them is "the one."

abarboza

Rough_Rock
Awesome, you got some great bands! Hope one of them is "the one."

I hope so too. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the heck I'm going to do hahahah

Ch176

Rough_Rock

I can’t wait to see them! I almost went with JA but Jon talked me out of it.

abarboza

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I thought I'd give an update!!!! I got the rings! And well here is what happened!!! I went for the full eternity band!!

Surprisingly, the 7-stone (2CT) ring was soooo uncomfortable on my finger!!! The diamonds and prongs kept digging on the sides of my fingers. I really tried to love it, but couldn't. Sigh.

As for the eternity bands. I couldn't tell the size difference between the 3CT and 4CT and JA didn't label the boxes. Eventually, I was able to tell which one was which lol. Overall, the 4CT felt uncomfortable in my fingers, but less than the 7-stone. I would have imprints of the diamonds when I would close my fist or dive. The 3CT was the most comfortable, obviously smaller diamonds. I couldn't believe that the eternity band was wayyyy more comfortable than the 7 stone right.

Now, I returned the 7-stone and 4 CT eternity band.....but now I'm wondering if maybe I should change the 3CT into an 8-size ring instead of 7.5....I feel like I have major muffin top on my finger LOLOL Someone said that I don't want the ring to come off, but I swear I see pics of you guys wearing eternity rings and I don't see muffin top. But I do have chunky fingers :lol::lol: What do you guys think?

Also I finally got my engagement ring....and now I have another dilemma...I think my muffin top got worse and the engagement ring keeps moving side to side instead of staying in the middle, and also the engagement band is so thin, that it's much lower than the eternity band. I think it looks off?? Just for kicks, I just ordered the 2CT eternity band and maybe that will look better with the engagement ring. However, I am really considering getting a different engagement setting now. I just don't even know what would look right with my eternity band now sigh. To make matters worse, the wedding is November 1, and don't want to send the ring back and wait several weeks for a new setting. Is there somewhere I can order the new engagement setting where it doesn't take weeks and maybe then have a local jeweler mount it? Also, I do like 6 prongs over 4....and I cannot find many..and the ones I find..you have to buy a diamond from the company..they wont sell the setting alone :( Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.49.33 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.49.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.49.51 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.48.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.48.38 PM.png
    459.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.48.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.48.23 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.49.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.49.23 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.47.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.47.27 PM.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.47.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.47.38 PM.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.47.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.47.55 PM.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.48.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.48.00 PM.png
    344.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.46.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.46.37 PM.png
    161 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.46.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.46.25 PM.png
    302.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.46.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.46.14 PM.png
    937.8 KB · Views: 37

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! The rings look amazing and I think the 3ct works best with your solitaire.

I find my eternity ring comfortable to wear. I think it's the gap between the stone and band that would be uncomfortable for a finger so if you do decide an eternity isn't for you then a 3/4 eternity may be best. I think you'll keep the eternity though as it's just lovely seeing the stones palm side :D

I would go up to an 8 and if for whatever reason it feels loose later, you can always get a couple of beads to make it fit. Sadly there's nothing you can do about a too-small eternity other than sell it on.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
Yay!!

So, it looks too tight. Finger size fluctuates throughout the day and with weather. You want the ring to be easy to get on even if your finger is at its thickest (for me early morning). Also the more rings you stack the thicker they all get together as a whole and that restricts the finger. My eternity is a half size up from my ‘thin band’ size. I thought the jeweler was crazy when she told me my size but now I’m so glad I listened. Getting my normal ring size would have been too uncomfortable. I suggest you try a half size up.

Ch176

Rough_Rock
Also be careful bc if the diamonds from the eternity are rubbing on the head/prongs of your e ring setting they can eventually wear them down. Do a search on this forum for more info on that (there’s at least one thread)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results