shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band - Did I get a decent price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

giantfan216

Rough_Rock
Here''s a little background. I bought my engagement ring (1.5ct Asscher cut, F, VS2) from Shenoa and Company in the diamond district in NYC. I was very pleased with the ring, it looked absolutely beautiful and needless to say my fiancee loved it. When it came time to pick out a band she wanted an enternity band with asschers set in platinum. We went back to Shenoa thinking that because not only did I buy my ring there, I sent 3 other friends of mine there who all bought rings there. Their price for 3.0ct asscher eternity band was over $10k.

I decided to shop around and found another place in the DD called Ultimate Jewelry and Designs who showed us an eternity band 3.01 ct and gave us a price of $5,800. After a few months we came back and they honored the original price and we bought it yesterday.

So my question for this forum is did I overpay? The diamonds are F-G color and VS2 clarity, which I found acceptable for an eternity band. It is also worth knowing this is obviously set in platinum.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

4themrs

Rough_Rock
Giant, The critical point that you have to keep in mind that is that you are comparing apples to apples as far as all the different criteria, such as the 4C''s Etc.
what would be good is if you could show the specs and pictures of both.
I have purchased a pair of earrings and a ring for the little Mrs. from Shenoa during by NYC trips, and I have found the staff to be knowledgeable and helpful. not to mention they took care or my colleague of mine who wanted to surprise his wife who was coming in for a conference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results