shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity band as RH ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

harassed24.7

Rough_Rock
Hi I am new here and have had a wonderful time sifting thru all the past threads and learning so much. Thank you!
I would love to recieve feedback on whether you think a diamond eternity band as a right hand ring is ok or does it just look desperate?
I''ve lusted after one for years but it seems everyone these days is using them as part of a wedding set (which looks great) or wearing them solo as wedding bands(also a great look).
But I''m worried if I do go ahead and induldge I''ll feel self-concious about wearing it on my RH ring finger.
Like I''m trying to pretend I''m married. I''m mid twenties and have no intention of marrying so I don''t want to give off that vibe.
If I do go ahead I''ll be spending a (for me) substantial amount as I am intrested in a 5-6 ctw shared prong brillant setting.
Most of the ladies on pricescope seem to be engaged/married and I wonder what you honestly would think of a single girl wearing wearing an eternity band on her right ring finger.
Please say what you think because I am starting to lean away from purchasing one for my ring finger and am looking at upgrading my tiny diamond studs or going up a size and wearing the eternity band on my middle finger.
Thanks!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
hello and welcome! AND NO I think that wearing something on your right hand doesnt indicate anything like you said. It should be something that pleases you. Many women are taking to wearing RHR's of various descriptions and also a big fad is lots of delicate bands stacked --especially since you want a fairly chunky sizeable ring I think that looks less wedding-ish . I think a narrow platinum diamond band would look a little like a wedding band but a big band like what you described..........not at all

ps --my sister as an unmarried and now married wore for years my grandmothers platinum and 2 carat bezel set diamond engagement ring on her right hand--the only thing people said was WOW

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they make great RHR''s. There are no rules, buy what you want and wear it with pride. Have you checked out the one''s from www.thefacetscollection.com ?? That''s where I bought my eternity bands.

Welcome to PS
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome!

I think RHRs are great, eternity bands look especially nice there. In some countries (parts of Europe, I think?) people do wear wedding bands on their right hand ring finger (some musicians do as well), so if you want to avoid being mistaken for married, then perhaps go with the middle finger. And middle fingers are bigger and thus need more bling
11.gif
.... so you'd need to get an eternity band with even BIGGER diamonds.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
an eternity band doesn''t have to mean wedding ring!! on your right hand, anything goes. i say go for it, i would never think desperate or anything if i saw a 5ctw eternity band on a gal''s finger...i''d think DAMN!!! i wanna see that up close!
31.gif

harassed24.7

Rough_Rock
thanks for your responses. Kaleigh, no I hadn't heard of the www.thefacetscollection.com so checked them out after backtracking to your thread with the shot of your hands -gasp!- covered in sparklies and your eternity bands are lovely.
I like windowshopper's stacking idea and like this band off thefacetscollection (hope it appears,this is the 1st i've done) with a buccellati one I keep thinking about.(+ the diamond band)

raphael1a.jpg

harassed24.7

Rough_Rock
buccellati:

buccellati1a.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I have 2 eternity bands that I wear as RHR'S, and I've never been married - I've always liked eternity bands.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2006 1:15:01 AM
Author:harassed24.7
Hi I am new here and have had a wonderful time sifting thru all the past threads and learning so much. Thank you!
I would love to recieve feedback on whether you think a diamond eternity band as a right hand ring is ok or does it just look desperate?
I''ve lusted after one for years but it seems everyone these days is using them as part of a wedding set (which looks great) or wearing them solo as wedding bands(also a great look).
But I''m worried if I do go ahead and induldge I''ll feel self-concious about wearing it on my RH ring finger.
Like I''m trying to pretend I''m married. I''m mid twenties and have no intention of marrying so I don''t want to give off that vibe.
If I do go ahead I''ll be spending a (for me) substantial amount as I am intrested in a 5-6 ctw shared prong brillant setting.
Most of the ladies on pricescope seem to be engaged/married and I wonder what you honestly would think of a single girl wearing wearing an eternity band on her right ring finger.
Please say what you think because I am starting to lean away from purchasing one for my ring finger and am looking at upgrading my tiny diamond studs or going up a size and wearing the eternity band on my middle finger.
Thanks!
Hi again--I love the Buccellati you posted--now that is special. Another wonderful and truly timeless look is the cartier trinity (3 rolling) with three bands intertwined in pink, white and yellow gold set with diamonds!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
this is from m khordipour (in the diamond district)

Band_Yellow_Braid_4230.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think its desperate at all. I think if you went with gemstones and diamonds instead of just diamonds it would look less wedding like. Keep in mind with that high a carat weight the band may be so thiick it may not be comfortable. Just something to keep in mind.

If you want to I say go for it! I am married but when I was single I wore right hand rings all the time. NObody thought it meant I was married.

harassed24.7

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for their input. windowshopper - that’s a wonderful band you posted, wearing it would be like having a pretty piece of DNA wrapped around your finger.
I think if I go ahead I'll have to wear stack style to make my self feel less bridal as I prefer to only wear rings on one finger (and i'm worried my 1 ring will scream wanabe bride)- its a weird balancing thing in my head that makes sense to me and is crackers to everyone else : earrings + LH watch + RH bangle + ring on 1 finger = balance.
19.gif

I'm going to sit on the ring or studs decision for a month or two while I read thru past threads as after being here for a few days I realise how little I know! (and how much I would have been ripped off)
Once I make a descision I'll post pics and specs of what I get. Thanks.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I wear this ruby & diamond eternity band on my right hand more often than my left.

In my job, I sometime have to give presentations to large groups. As I explain the concepts, I point things out on the board. I love that the ring looks beautiful whether you see the top or the palm of my hand.

I love it all by itself on my right hand.
I usually wear a plain band on my left hand with my e-ring.

052006dbgaap.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think wearing an eternity band as a RHR seems desperate or that you are trying to pretend anything!!! But personally I would pick one that wouldn''t seem like a wedding band, or I would wear it on my middle finger. That''s only because I have seen many people (not only in Europe, even my DH''s doctor here) wear their wedding bands on their right hand. Many Europeans in the USA do this as well. Or, just make sure if you''re interested in a guy, he knows you''re single.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone. I wore rings on my RH ring finger before I was engaged and no one thought I was married. I DO love the look of a band on the middle finger so I think it would look great both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results