shape
carat
color
clarity

Estate Tiffany Pink sapphire and diamond ring - markings?

freddy

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I am just wanting some help from all you very knowledgeable people. I have found an estate Estate tiffany pink sapphire and diamond ring, however I am wondering what your thoughts are to the markings inside the ring.

There is marked TIFFANY&CO on one side, and on the other it is marked PT950. Do you think these are authentic? I have attached a picture showing the tiffany and co marking, sorry for its quality.

photo.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Re: Estate Tiffany Pink sapphire and diamond ring - markings

I'm going to guess that this is the pink cushion with heart diamond sides from ebay. I can't comment on the marks, the best thing would be to take it to Tiffany where they send it off for authentication which costs $200 (though sometimes they've done it for free).What I did notice about that ring which led me not to bid on it was that the setting looked like it was made for an oval or round stone by the way the basket bulged out on the sides...this made me think the center stone was not the original one. A setting made for a cushion would probably have a straight sided basket.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Agree - take it to Tiffany ... they can let you know. Would be nice to see hand shots!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd love to know how this turns out for you!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

PT950 means the platinum purity is 950 parts out of 1000 -- the other 50 are an alloy.

It could be an optical illusion from the photo, but I'm a tad suspicious of the trademark. It looks like the O in Co. is the same size as the C. That isn't accurate. Could be just the pic, but something looks off to me, added to Kelpie's comment. Taking it in for verification is about all you can do.

Here's the Tiffany trademark -- see how well it matches. If spaces between letters are the tiniest bit different, or their relative sizes aren't the same, it's a knockoff.

images.jpg

freddy

Rough_Rock

Hi, yes it was the tiffany pink sapphire with heart diamond sides off ebay I was referring too.

What I found strange is that the listing was ended before it was due to end, and any attempt to look at the listing, comes up with unavailable and to check the item number etc??

The sellers latest feedback is from 2007, so it is a long time, they had another ring listed also, a tiffany blue sapphire and diamond ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results