shape
carat
color
clarity

Estate recently purchasesd

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Wanted to share, I posted in another thread, I purchased my mother in law's jewelry during her estate settlement. I am posting photos and specs (as much as I know) below. Keeping most of it, remaking some, selling some as scrap gold. Her jewelry wardrobe was much larger than this, maybe some other pieces made it to her children earlier.

I've listed each piece and my ideas for each - if anyone has other ideas, feel free to share them!

• Wedding ring. 2.4 center, sides are .4 and .3, very heavy piece. Total diamonds around 5 carat. I think I am having this made into a right hand ring, perhaps a flower cluster. Or I might get it polished and wear it intermittently with my wedding set.
  • Diamond Cluster. Around 1.5 carat total. I love how this looks, will keep it as it. My MIL had dementia for the past 10 ish years, and never took this off, I have steamed and scrubbed it and it's still not clean, taking it somewhere. for that.
  • Sweet little diamond heart pendant. the diamond flips (see other pic). Not sure what to do with this.
  • Bulova watch. My jeweler confirmed case and band is 14k. I have someone who wants to purchase. I think I will get scrap quote then sell it to her for that cost. Not sure if it works. She can figure it out!
  • Nugget pendant with sim diamond. Will prob sell gold for scrap.
  • Opal and gold ring. Not sure about this one. Not my style. Opal is my mother's birthstone, but she is rough on jewelry. I might leave in jewelry box, or look for someone who loves it.
  • Marquis Amethyst/Nugget ring. I may wear periodically.
    estate8.jpg

ring new 1.jpg ring new.jpg

Estate.jpg estate 2.jpg estate 6.jpg estate1.jpg Estate3.jpg estate4.jpg estate5.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful to have these pieces to remember her by. They look very special and I'm sure it will be a meaningful project to wear, restore or tweak them in the various ways you mentioned. Keep us posted, we are on your journey with you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What lovely treasures! And I really love that gold & diamond cluster ring. No wonder she never took it off - it's stunning & so unusual :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results