shape
carat
color
clarity

Ering # 1,438,279 (Garnet!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so maybe not really. But we''re getting up there...

Eye candy first...

IMG_7998 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8000 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side...

IMG_8003 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8004 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the shadow...

IMG_8007 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8014 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And can someone tell me how a stone can photograph like this (Canon Powershot SX100 IS):

IMG_8006 freke.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color, so full-bodied if you can say it about color. Is it for business (your engagement) or just pleasure?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And like this (Blackberry Curve):

Where is the color garnet freke.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke the white balance between the cameras is different. Look at the colour of your fingers in both. The top one is warm (probably set to indoor or fluorescent lighting) and the bottom one is set to auto white balance perhaps???????

Sorry, now onto the bling ........... I love the fishtail prongs. Was this made for you? Don''t worry about having thousands of e-rings! I do too as it''s not my husband''s culture to give e-rings. So he''s had to pay in other ways by buying me hundreds of coloured stone rings that I can rotate as an e-ring
9.gif
I reckon it''s a cunning plan that all PS''ers should adopt!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 7:40:34 PM
Author: crasru
Beautiful color, so full-bodied if you can say it about color. Is it for business (your engagement) or just pleasure?
Lol! I haven''t been posting much lately, so I shouldn''t be surprised, but this question is hilarious! (Nothing against you, I''ve just been in hiding it seems.) This is one of many erings. I have my "real" ering-blue spinel, the "original" ering-now holds pink spinel, and about 8 others I wear as erings. This one, however is my first garnet ering.

I really should post a "Freke''s E-ring Collection" thread. I tend to switch off depending on what I''m wearing, how I''m feeling, and general whims on any given day. I''ve got... peach, blues, lavender, pink, gray...oh lookie there, I can''t remember what colors I have because I have far too many!
12.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 7:47:02 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Freke the white balance between the cameras is different. Look at the colour of your fingers in both. The top one is warm (probably set to indoor or fluorescent lighting) and the bottom one is set to auto white balance perhaps???????

Sorry, now onto the bling ........... I love the fishtail prongs. Was this made for you? Don't worry about having thousands of e-rings! I do too as it's not my husband's culture to give e-rings. So he's had to pay in other ways by buying me hundreds of coloured stone rings that I can rotate as an e-ring
9.gif
I reckon it's a cunning plan that all PS'ers should adopt!
What is interested LD, is that it isn't just the white balance. That is just how the blackberry photographs it. I don't know what about it affects the BB's camera like that, but in identical lighting conditions this stone photographs differently. Other stones don't (I've tried).

I posted that BB picture because its by far the clearest I've taken with it. The lighting conditions for the BB is outside with an overcast sky (made the stone look gorgeous, but obviously not captured with the camera!) and the lighting conditions for the Canon are halogens, incandescents and fluorescents.

Fun times with the cameras today!

ETA: answer to other questions in post to be written...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
freke, you crack me up! Congrats on this new beauty:)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Origin of ring: a beautiful piece that originally held a OEC diamond. It is engraved with: F.A. E.D. 9-15-34. 18kt white gold. 6 tiny diamonds total; 3 on each shoulder. It was a gift from a cherished friend who had bought it for the diamond.

Stone:
1.17ct Umba Garnet
6.75mm
Peter Torraca
He said it''s Mauve
I say it is Magenta OR Mauve, depending on the light source and how moody it''s feeling!

I love it. It''s very different from all of my other erings. And of course my first garnet one!
3.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful Freke!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it Freke! I was surprised to see you w/a garnet ering! The spinels don''t gang up on him when you''re not looking do they?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks IndyLady!

Date: 2/3/2010 8:09:56 PM
Author: packrat
Love it Freke! I was surprised to see you w/a garnet ering! The spinels don''t gang up on him when you''re not looking do they?
Lol! We''ll see. They haven''t had the chance yet! The garnet does have a sapphire buddy or two, so they can team up together against the bullies!

(I have to write you back still, I''m sorry I''m so ridiculously slow!)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s beautiful freke! I particularly love that antique setting with a colored stone - what a nice addition to your collection!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha garnet has bodyguards!

No worries..I''m terribly longwinded and that was like a dang novel anyway! Poor D&T, I''ve sent her in the last 2 weeks probably 50 links to bands "Please look at this..what about this..would this work?" I''m awful!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, how beautiful! I particularly like the mounting, and the color of your garnet is quite rich. Pretty soon you''ll have a different e-ring for each day of the year!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!
30.gif
I love your growing e-ring collection
18.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was about to ask about the setting as I have an antique art deco setting that is very similar. It turns out yours is also an antique setting as well. Nice Umbalite too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful Freke!!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I love it
3.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - love the setting! Which of the pictures is more true to life in terms of the color?

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
wow! those are beautiful! you should do a post showcasing all of your engagement rings.. you know, for us n00bs. :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone is lovely, and I really like the fishtail prongs on the setting. It is one of my favourite styles.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love how you have so many rings to choose between.
36.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
The topic of this thread made me laugh!
It''s beautiful!
1.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
One of my most favorite rings!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results