shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD Oval + BGD Fishtail Pave w/ integrated Grace Head

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Guthries72008

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker and first time poster. I wanted to share the final product of months and months of pricescope stalking and researching.

Mart T at ERD (who was freaking awesome to work with - just a real honest, great guy) was able to source a fantastic oval diamond. Here are the specs:

Shape: Oval
Size: 1.54
Color: D
Clarity: SI1 (eye clean of course)
Table: 54%
Depth: 62%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Flour: None
L/W Ratio: 1.33

I decided to go with Brian Gavin for the setting. Over the past few months I became such a huge fan of his designs and craftsmanship. And you can''t talk about working with BGD without mentioning the wonderful Lesley Harris. Here are the specs on the setting:

Style: Fishtail Pave
Head: Grace style integrated into the band
Metal: Platinum
Size: 5.75

I proposed last Friday (in the morning to catch her off guard
31.gif
), and she said yes!
36.gif
Once I figure out how to post all these pictures I''ll get them up as soon as I can.

BrianGavin_Oval1_030210.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Whoo! Way to go!

The setting and stone look great! I''m also loving all these fancies we''ve been getting lately.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I love the handshot! It looks like she wears it well. Congratulations on your engagement!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks stunning on her hand!

Did she want an oval or was that a surprise too?

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
That is one gorgeous ring! Congratulations!

SpareMyWallet

Shiny_Rock
Yup that''s a winner!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Congratulations!
36.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Its absolutely gorgeous!! I just love the setting. BGD''s fishtail pave is amazing!! Congrats! It looks perfect!
36.gif

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
Simply stunning!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!! What a gorgeous ring!!!! It''s perfect on her finger!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s really gorgeous and it looks perfect on her hand. Congrats to the both of you!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring, I love it, congratulations to you both
21.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting! And there''s something so beautifully elegant about an oval. Congratulations on your engagement!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations! Did your FI request a oval stone or was it a surprise!! It looks so pretty on her hand!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love ovals and I love D-color diamonds! I''d love to see more handshots!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love that!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Guthries72008

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the kind words!

My FI did in fact request an oval diamond. She wanted to go with something that wasn''t as mainstream, but still looked classic and elegant. I''m pretty sure an oval Tacori ring is what got the shape on her radar. She doesn''t have very long fingers (she''s only 4''11") so the elongated shape definitely compliments her hand well. We also both liked the look of "fatter" ovals with a lower l/w ratio.

Im not going to lie... shopping for a good oval was quite the challenge (as is the case with many fancies), but I guess it''s that much more rewarding when you find a great one. I can''t thank Mark T enough for being my eyes and picking out a beauty.

I''m going to try and get some more hand shots soon. I''d like to get some in the sunlight, but we''ll be having rain for the next couple days. Stay tuned!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Choosing oval is very tricky indeed and you did an amazing job. I think oval is a very romantic stone. Congratulations to you both. It looks so pretty on her hand. Congrats again!!!
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Such a classy ring! Looks absolutely gorgeous on her hand. Congratulations on the engagement.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring
30.gif
Many congrats
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
prettiest oval I''ve ever seen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results