shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD, Leon and Some Other Vendors...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
I don't post on here much but I've been looking for the past few months for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. I broke down my search into two parts - Diamond and Setting.

For the first part of my search, I contacted several vendors including GOG, Whiteflash and ERD. Since I live within walking distance of the diamond district, I also visited several of the shops in the area as well. I'd have to say that hands down, the service I received from the online vendors was exponentially better than that of the sleazy salesmen on 47th and 5th.

Two of the guys I was in contact with were Jon from GOG and James Ramey from Whiteflash. They were both great. They provided tons of information and always seemed to be willing to help.

Ultimately I bought my diamond from Mark T at ERD. I can't say enough good things about him. He was awesome. The first time I went to his office he had several diamonds for me to look at. He sat with me for almost 2 hours to explain the different things I should be looking out for. I'm not the most decisive of people, especially considering the size of the purchase, but he was patient and informative throughout the entire process. I never felt pressured to buy a certain diamond, or even to buy any diamond at all. And when I finally decided on the diamond that I wanted, Mark went above and beyond what was expected to make sure that was the diamond I ended up with.

For the second part of the search, I again contacted a few vendors. I ultimately decided to go to Leon Mege. Although I've only seen pictures of his rings, I really liked the attention to detail that the closeups showed. My girlfriend had also wanted the ring to be somewhat "dainty" and I though Leon would be the best man for the job.

Now my main concern was everything that I had read about him here concerning his temperament. After meeting him earlier this week I have to honestly say that I had ZERO problems. I was running a little late so I called him to let him know. Met up with him at his office and he was very polite. I guess I expected some sort of barbarian after everything I read here but he was far from anything of the sort.

We spoke for about an hour. I told him some of the ideas I had and he expressed his opinions. I found him to be very helpful as whenever he expressed his opinion, he would follow up with reasons as to why he felt that way. I really appreciated that since he probably knows a thing or two more about rings than I do. And during the whole meeting, I never felt pressured to choose a design that HE wanted. He was always open to my suggestions and gave his advice, but ultimately let me know that the final decision was mine.

So all in all ERD and Leon were my final choices and so far, I feel like I've made a great decision. I have to wait a few weeks while Leon's working on the final ring but if anyone is thinking of working with Mark T and/or Leon, I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting your experiences. Its really helpful for others who are just starting out on their diamond search.

I also had some communication recently with Leon (by telephone) and he was super nice to me too. I was a bit nervous to call but I didn''t need to be.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to hear your ring process has been so smooth and enjoyable, naturally that''s something we all hope for, some just get luckier than others.
2.gif
The ring sounds like it''s going to be lovely! Be sure to post when you get it.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I agree, it is wonderful to hear that both Part One and Part Two of your ER process have been pleasant and positive – especially when you had some trepidation about contacting at least one of the vendors. Here''s to smooth sailing for the rest of the process!

And, I second the request to see your beautiful, dainty ring when it is ready.
2.gif

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
Once I get the ring back I''ll definitely be posting some pics.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 6:59:59 PM
Author: lowphat
Once I get the ring back I''ll definitely be posting some pics.
can''t wait to see them; sounds like it will be gorgeous
35.gif

pannini

Shiny_Rock
lowphat, I''m very excited for you!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like your ring shopping experience has been exactly what it should be. Good! Can''t wait to see the pics of the finished product.

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Pannini. ! I know we're on a similar search and it seems you're at the same stage as I am. What kind of setting did you decide on?

pannini

Shiny_Rock
lowphat, I am going for the ring 401 with mushroom pave with a medium height head. what about you?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you''ve had a positive experience with Leon.

I''ve had Leon do two things for me, a ring and a pair of earrings. Each time, the quality just surpassed my expectations. As for his mannerism, I''ve always found Leon to be super-nice, super-professsional, very approachable and he never ever once tried to force any of his ideas on me. He always listened to what I had to say and did whatever I requested.

I can''t wait to see your finished ring. It''s going to be GORGEOUS!!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
what shape stone -? what size? what style setting?

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
Wanted to just update you guys on the status of my ring. It''s finished and I picked it up from Leon. I have to take it back to him for a minor issue but in the meantime, here''s a picture that the appraiser took.

lm122.jpeg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thats just yummy
18.gif
!

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
I went to Leon this afternoon for a minor issue with a melee stone and he was more than accommadating. He was very pleasant and fixed the issue on the spot while I waited.

I have to say that for anyone that was thinking twice about going to Leon because of some of the things you''ve read here regading his attitude, don''t hesitate. My experience with him was 100% satisfactory and I would defintely go back to him again and recommend him to any of my friends.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience with Leon. This ring is gorgeous!!!
30.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for coming back and updating us! I''m working with Leon now and so far have found him pretty easygoing (and direct, of course.)

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, and I love the double prongs.

I have to laugh at your expectations - did you expect an artist barbarian? It creates a funny image in my mind, an artist barbarian who waves around platinum shouting, "It''s not perfect! Redo the pave before I beat your unskilled hands into submission!"

At least that''s what popped into my head, but I''m a weirdo.
37.gif

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 10:28:37 PM
Author: litebrite
Gorgeous ring, and I love the double prongs.

I have to laugh at your expectations - did you expect an artist barbarian? It creates a funny image in my mind, an artist barbarian who waves around platinum shouting, ''It''s not perfect! Redo the pave before I beat your unskilled hands into submission!''

At least that''s what popped into my head, but I''m a weirdo.
37.gif
No Platinum Ring for You, NEXT!

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I spoke to him once on the phone about making a ring.

My sense is if you could turn into a problem-customer he can sniff that out quickly and doesn't want your job.
He's been around the block a few times, is successful, can pick an choose his projects, and doesn't have to deal with problem-customers any more.

If you know what you want and respect him everything will go well.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for coming back with the update. That ring is gorgeous!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 11:38:59 PM
Author: Moh 10
I spoke to him once on the phone about making a ring.

My sense is if you could turn into a problem-customer he can sniff that out quickly and doesn''t want your job.
He''s been around the block a few times, is successful, can pick an choose his projects, and doesn''t have to deal with problem-customers any more.

If you know what you want and respect him everything will go well.
Not always moh.
2.gif

However, things seem to go well way more than they don''t, and we haven''t heard any negative reports of late, so that''s a good thing!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love the ring, very nice.

I too bought my stone from ERD and Leon did the setting.

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
Proposed this past weekend and she said yes! Posted a couple more pics here.

Haven''t gotten any real life shots yet but will try once we get around to it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results