shape
carat
color
clarity

EraGem Sapphires

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
0E6ECE7D-07EF-4511-B1AB-8B0E7D421003.png 7549AE4E-3983-4C9C-8A56-37E8DF1DFD38.png FB7E2F32-599D-48E4-8912-EB72403356EC.png
Has anyone purchased a sapphire ring from EraGem? They seem to have a lot of “peacock” colored sapphires that have gained popularity recently. Are these new sapphires that are plopped into vintage settings? I’ve been doing some comparison shopping between Lang and EraGem and something just seems a tad off with EraGem’s color vs. the colors that Lang carries.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but the top ring has an enormous window, and the bottom ring has a stone that’s extremely dark. The padparadcha looks brown in the thumbnail photos, so I expect it’s shifty and/or enhanced in that large image.

mdi

Shiny_Rock
No, but the top ring has an enormous window
How can you tell when an emerald cut has a big window? It's pretty obvious to me in a round or oval cut, but what do you look for in an emerald (or any step cut, really)? One of my favorite cuts, so I am trying to learn more about it! Thank you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can you tell when an emerald cut has a big window? It's pretty obvious to me in a round or oval cut, but what do you look for in an emerald (or any step cut, really)? One of my favorite cuts, so I am trying to learn more about it! Thank you!
I think it was just the photograph, I went to the site to look at it table perpendicular to my line of site, and there was no window. With a window, you can see all the way through the stone to what us behind it, such that light doesn’t bounce back, if line of sight is perpendicular to the table.

I think the ring is really overpriced. That color of sapphire is not terribly expensive, even for large unheated gems.

It’s strange they’re calling this a padparadcha.

https://eragem.com/pb15533.html

Reactions: mdi

mdi

Shiny_Rock
More of a red-pink color, IMO. I get their ads on Facebook all the time, but the one time I clicked over to the site, I found their prices rather exorbitant.

I suspect they're catering to the demo of ladies who want something 'different' for an engagement ring, but don't bother to do much research first. At least that's the sense I get from the FB ads that have been targeted at me!

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
More of a red-pink color, IMO. I get their ads on Facebook all the time, but the one time I clicked over to the site, I found their prices rather exorbitant.

I suspect they're catering to the demo of ladies who want something 'different' for an engagement ring, but don't bother to do much research first. At least that's the sense I get from the FB ads that have been targeted at me!
I get their ads all the time on Instagram, that’s the only reason I’ve looked at their site. A month or so ago they had a pretty hot pink sapphire in an Art Deco setting, but something seemed off about it. The sapphire colors in their rings don’t really match the time periods they claim they’re from.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I think it was just the photograph, I went to the site to look at it table perpendicular to my line of site, and there was no window. With a window, you can see all the way through the stone to what us behind it, such that light doesn’t bounce back, if line of sight is perpendicular to the table.

I think the ring is really overpriced. That color of sapphire is not terribly expensive, even for large unheated gems.

It’s strange they’re calling this a padparadcha.

https://eragem.com/pb15533.html
I agree that the pricing is crazy high! At first I thought it was kind of cool that they were somehow sourcing all of these non blue sapphire rings from the ‘20s and ‘30s, but now I think they must just put new stones in old settings. I don’t really like that they market themselves as estate and antique when the entire ring isn’t antique, kind of questionable marketing. I can go find an antique platinum setting on eBay for $500 and a similar sapphire for a few thousand, but I don’t think that makes the ring antique.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That so-called “padparadcha” I saw doesn’t even have a reputable lab report. It comes with some
appraisal report, that states the enhancement is “heat.” That doesn’t mean it’s not diffused.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find them almost comically overpriced. And the quality of the center stones is questionable, especially when they use dishonest tactics like calling something a "pad sapphire" with zero lab report. I wouldn't ever purchase from them.

voce

Ideal_Rock
There's too much saturation and too much brown in that padparadscha; it doesn't come with a lab report because no respectable lab would call it a padparadscha. They're pricing the teal one around 4x what it's probably worth.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results