shape
carat
color
clarity

ER options for a friend

esmalley007

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I used this forum five years ago to find an incredible ring for my wife! I would now like your help for a friend of mine. He's budget is 6-7K all in. The setting would be a simple platinum 4 prong setting so the bulk of the budget will go to the diamond. He wants a round in the 1.1-1.2 range, I color or better and eye clean.

It's been a while since I did this but I found some options on James Allen and was hoping you could help us pick 3. We would then request idealscopes and lab reports. Thanks in advance for your help.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is he tied to JA? their new model of hiding certs makes it annoying to use their site as a place to look for stones.

esmalley007

Rough_Rock
Is he tied to JA? their new model of hiding certs makes it annoying to use their site as a place to look for stones.

No not necessary, but they do have a 25% discount on settings through month-end. But I am sure if there is something better recommended he would be open to it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From JA, I think this one is much more promising than the ones linked above (no offense intended, but I am not a fan of any of them).

This one might not be eye clean, but worth maybe seeing the cert.

esmalley007

Rough_Rock
From JA, I think this one is much more promising than the ones linked above (no offense intended, but I am not a fan of any of them).

This one might not be eye clean, but worth maybe seeing the cert.

Thanks! I will look at both. Are their any other vendors I should look at. Back when I was shopping it was mainly WF, BG, BN and JA in the online game

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I will look at both. Are their any other vendors I should look at. Back when I was shopping it was mainly WF, BG, BN and JA in the online game

B2C is another good one, HP diamonds is amazing but likely out of budget (they sell only super ideal cuts--akin to ACAs).

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget to use the Search bar at the top of the forum to trawl through loads of stones quickly - select AGS000 and GIA XXX, then click 'Excellent' on the HCA score section, as that way you'll pick out a list of options that have angles that definitely work well together.

esmalley007

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

So my friend has dropped the carat requirement to 1-1.05 and the price of the stone to 6K. Any of the below stand out? Thanks again.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy sparkle balls.....nice price to boot @ $5,600ish wire. 53.6 table :love:

Another $400ish for a nice 6 prong solitaire and he is $6k all in!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you know, with WF there is no guessing about the stone's performance. You have all the advanced images.

Also killer upgrade program -- simply spend $1 more to get full credit, no other strings.

Plus they will jump through hoops to make sure you are happy.

Easy button diamond buying. :cool2:

esmalley007

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I’ll show him both stone. Anything in G or H you would recommend? Even if it trops weight slightly under 1?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I’ll show him both stone. Anything in G or H you would recommend? Even if it trops weight slightly under 1?

Did you get certificates for the JA ones you were considering? Both of those were G/H

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little less than $6k wire price and H color. Still over 1 carat as well.

Images and proportions are great.

It missed ACA because of the green splotch on the outer edge of the ASET, roughly 11 o'clock. Has no real world effects but does save a few bucks. Love the ES and PS stones as they offer some cost savings and you get all the amazing upgrade perks, and usually it's very minor stuff for missing ACA.

Point blank, the black crystal on the table concerns me. The WF web page reports the stone as eye clean, but I would want them to pull the stone and verify it. WF owns and stocks all the ACA, ES and PS stones in-house, so simply calling to request additional vetting is a breeze.

FYI, while some of the other stones show potential promise that you listed I simply prefer the WF stones I've recommended for the fact they are nearly the same dollars and have advanced data which provides certainty about performance and less risk. Plus a killer upgrade program.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results